Chapter Nine

I am sorry it's been awhile since I've updated! Work has me exhausted, I know a lot of people can relate! 😭
Enjoy this chapter!

___________________________

Shawn sighed as he continued to scroll through different job availabilities on the Internet. It's been two weeks since he was released from prison and he has yet to come across something he could see himself doing. Granted, two weeks may not seem like a long time to some people, but for Shawn, he had been working since he was 14. He had always relied on nobody but himself to make a living. He had plenty of money stashed away, but he wanted to start making an honest living for the first time in his life.

"Store clerk, janitor, cashier, cashier, security guard, man this is bullshit," he mumbled.

He leaned back in his chair and rubbed his hands down his face. He had been at this for two hours now and was annoyed. Beyoncé went to lunch with the girls and should be home soon and he wanted to be able to tell her that he had found something. She wasn't pressuring him, but he wanted her to be proud of him, he wanted her to feel like she was making a good decision by being with him. As Shawn sat in his thoughts, his phone could be heard ringing. He looked at the screen to see it was his friend Ty Ty calling.

"Wassup Ty," he answered.

"Shit, just waiting for Teyana to get out of work. Figured I'd give you a call. You have any luck with the job shit?"

He sighed, "Man this shit is like rocket science. I can't find shit. What I look like mopping floors?"

Ty Ty laughs, "Damn bro, a janitor? We gotta find somethin' better than that."

"Who you tellin'? I'm really tryin to get out of this drug shit, but this is really what people be settling for outside of that?"

"Man, I don't wanna hear you talkin' like that, you more than that. You fuck around and get in trouble again and you lookin' at way more than a couple years," Ty Ty said.

"I know I know. I just, this shit is all new to me. I ain't never had to find a real job. What am I gonna do be living on my ladies couch for forever?"

"Ya lady? Nigga whaaaat? You got a lady?"

Shawn laughed, "Man get outta here."

"Nigga I'm serious, how you just get out of prison and be in a whole ass relationship?"

"Well I mean we-

"Hold up, let me FaceTime you to see these facial expressions you bout to make while explaining this," says Ty Ty.

The FaceTime call comes in and Shawn answers it.

"Alright, you may resume."

Shawn shakes his head, "We met while I was in prison. She was a guard there. Started off as friends and then things just took off from there."

"She was a guard?! You was fucking a guard?! My nigga my nigga!"

Shawn laughed, this dude was stupid.

"I'm serious homie! How'd that happen? You was fucking a guard in the damn prison you were locked up in, and then you telling me that y'all are in a relationship? How does that happen?"

"Well we-

"Baby! I'm home!"

Just then Beyoncé walked in the door holding a couple of bags.

"Yo is that her? What the fuck? Nigga she fine as hell," Ty Ty whispered.

"Aye, watch your mouth," Shawn laughed.