Chapter Twenty Four

"Ugh, why won't he pick up the phone?"

The phone continued to ring and much to Beyonce's disappointment, the person she was trying to reach was not answering. She eventually hung up and returned to the task she was doing. It had been two months since she and Shawn had returned from their trip to Houston. Shawn was thriving at Mercedes, becoming the highest selling employee two months in a row. They had even flown him to a conference in which he was able to meet the CEO and discuss selling techniques to a crowd of his peers. Mercedes saw his talent and gave him a promotion. He was still a sales rep, but he was put under more pressure to continue to perform at a high level. The more successful he got with work, the more time he spent there. However, tonight was a Friday and he had promised Beyonce that every Friday night was date night. Although now he wasn't answering his cell phone.

"He better be selling a car to Obama," Beyonce said aloud to herself.

Beyonce still wasn't working, although, she had been receiving emails and messages online from different fashion and beauty brands offering her free products in return for promotion of their products. She had a pretty large Instagram following just from posting daily pictures of her outfits and the current products she was using. Since Shawn was so business savvy she discussed it with him and he would look over all of the proposals from brands and tell her what seemed like a good deal and what didn't. Since she started doing that, she had been making a decent amount of money. She wasn't sure if it was her passion yet, but she felt good helping other women or men find good affordable products.

She looked down at her phone hoping that maybe if she stared at it hard enough Shawn's name would appear. After about a minute of looking at a black screen she sighed and groaned out loud. Just as she looked away, her phone rang. She gasped in excitement only to look down and see it was Kelly calling. She closed her eyes briefly and reached to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bey, what you doing?"

"Girl nothing, I was planning some posts I'm gonna make this weekend. What about you?'

"Nothing just driving home from work. Tim just called and said his boss gave him four tickets to go see the Nets play. I know Shawn is a huge fan, so I was wondering if y'all wanted to do a double-date night?"

"I'm sure he would love that, only problem is he isn't answering his phone. I've called him four times and I haven't heard a word, I'm starting to get pissed," said Beyonce as she shut her laptop and got up to walk into the kitchen.

"Uh oh, well, give him some time. It's only four so maybe he's finishing up a deal or something," said Kelly.

"I know, it's just we made a deal that he would work half days on Fridays because he's been working so much we haven't spent much time together lately. I just miss him."

"I know Bey. I'm sure he doesn't like it either, he's probably just learning how to adjust to working full-time and balancing a relationship. You know that man is beyond in love with you," said Kelly.

"I know..."

"Well listen, the game doesn't start til eight so we'll probably have to leave by six thirty latest. Just let me know what he says when you hear from him."

"I will girl," said Beyonce.

"Alrighty bye," said Kelly.

"Bye."

Beyonce decided that she was going to shower and shave while she waited to hear back from Shawn. Whether they went to the basketball game or dinner when he got home, they were going on a date period. She wanted to be ready by the time he got home. She texted Shawn one last time telling him to call her when he checked his phone. She spent about 30 minutes in the shower before getting out. She was hoping Shawn would've gotten home while she was in the shower, but he didn't. The first thing she did was check her phone and when she didn't see any missed calls or texts from her boyfriend her heart dropped to her stomach. She was getting a little worried. She scrolled through her contacts to get to her cousin's number. Maybe he could tell her why Shawn was so busy, he was his boss after all.