Chapter Thirty

"Do you believe her? You really think she did it?"

Shawn looked over at Ty Ty as he drove. He shrugged, "Ion know man, I guess we have to see when we get there."

Ty Ty nodded his head agreeing with him. Just then Shawn's phone began to ring, he looked down and saw that it was Beyonce. He cursed aloud realizing he never told her they were leaving. 

"Baby, I'm sorry," he said immediately after answering. 

"Where are you?"

He stayed silent for a moment, "Cierra called and said she needed help. She said she took care of PJ."

"So you really just gonna leave and not tell me? That's what we're doing now?"

"It was an honest mistake ma, I just heard she killed him and we left," he said.

"So Cierra calls and you just drop everything and leave?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm just putting together the facts I'm being given," she said.

"You're putting together shit," he said, "I forgot to tell you, and let's not forget you wasn't in the best mood before I left."

"Wow, so we get into a little argument and you wanna leave like that?"

"I'm just putting together the facts I'm being given," he said mocking her.

"Kay, glad Cierra can get your attention," she said, "Figure this shit out by yourself."

He looked down at the phone seeing she had hung up. He smacked his lips and threw his phone into the glove department. 

"Was that Bey?"

"Yeah," said Shawn.

"Is everything okay?"

"She's pissed," he said, "I forgot to tell her we was leaving, she think because Cierra called and we just left that that means something."

"Well maybe it does," said Ty Ty.

Shawn frowned looking over at Ty, "Maybe it fucking doesn't, don't play me Ty. I love Bey, ain't shit going on with Cierra."

"I didn't say anything was going on with Cierra and I ain't trying to play your relationship bro, but I seen Beyonce have your back just as much as anyone of us homies. She been putting her life on the line for you ever since y'all got together. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have even known anything was going on. She been trying to talk to your ass all day, and you been pushing her and her advice off to the side. I would be upset too."

Shawn sighed and shook his head. If it wasn't one thing, it was another. He felt like they could only get a few months to themselves before some shit from his past came barreling through. She didn't deserve any of that. She was trying to help her man, and he appreciated that but he felt like it was his place as the man to make sure she was protected. That's what he thought he was doing. Turns out, he was being an idiot and she was feeling neglected. He was going to apologize to her when he got home, but for now he needed to handle this situation with Cierra. 

"Ima handle it when I get back. You right though, thank you for bringing that to my attention," said Shawn. 

"Fo sho, now let's hope there isn't any funny shit when we get to this chick's crib," said Ty Ty. 

They made it to their destination within a few minutes. Shawn parked down the street from Cierra's house, not wanting anyone to see his car at the house. They both got out and walked to her house. Shawn looked around the street to see if anyone was around. Once the coast was clear he knocked on the front door. Within a moment, Cierra opened the door so just a crack was showing. Once she saw it was them, she widened the door. Shawn and Ty Ty took in her appearance. She was crying, still in her work uniform with small splatters of blood on her white shirt. Shawn sighed before looking at Ty Ty.