Chapter Twenty Two

"I think this is it Jay," said Emory through the phone.

Shawn squinted his eyes through the tinted window, trying to see between the gaps of the shades in the window. They had turned the lights off on the cars so that they could drive up slowly without allowing anyone to notice their presence. Shawn had Lenny take Rashad to one of their connections who could remove the bullet from his knee and stitch it up. Thankfully it wasn't that deep. Devon was riding with Shawn and Emory and Ty was following behind them in another car. Devon was basically their eyes and ears in this operation. Shawn could only hope that they all got out of this alive. 

"Aight. Devon, would you usually go up and knock on the door or call and let him know you here?"

"Prolly call. Especially if he at a hoe house," said Devon. 

Shawn nodded, "Cool. Call."

Devon took out his phone and dialed Rico's number. It took him a few seconds to answer, but once he did he told Devon he would come outside. 

"Aight, Devon, hop in the driver seat. I'm gonna lay low in the back. If this works how I'm hoping, Rico will walk up to your window to chat for a minute and then walk to the back to open the trunk. We have a very small window to make this shit happen, cause he gonna realize there's no body in the trunk," said Shawn. 

"I gotchu," said Devon.

"Aye man look at me," said Shawn. 

Devon looked at Shawn. 

"Don't play me. I'm trynna help you get out this life. This ain't the path you want. Take it from someone who had to go to prison and wait til he was damn near thirty years old to realize it, aight?"

"I hear ya. I ain't gonna fold," said Devon.

"Aight good. Now get ready, he walking over," said Shawn. 

Just like Shawn said, Rico was walking out of the front door and over to the car. Shawn crept as low as a six foot man could in the back of the car. Devon tried to compose his nerves as Rico walked over to him. As soon as he walked up Devon unrolled the driver's side window. 

"What it do lil' homie?" Rico asked as he propped his elbows up onto the car and leaned in a bit to talk. 

"Shit, nothing. Just handlin' business," said Devon.

"I hear ya. I'm proud of ya, you got the body in the back?"

"The trunk," said Devon.

"Gone on and pop that shit for me," said Rico.

Just as Devon was reaching down to pull the lever to open the trunk, a loud voice could be heard screaming. 

"Rico! Get your ass over here! Why you got some bitch named Nikki calling you!?"

Rico sighed and looked at Devon, "Aye man, hold this shit for a second."

"Keisha, get back in the mothafuckin' house! You see I'm handlin' this shit, go on inside. Fuck," Rico said.

"If you don't getcho ass over here, I'm throwing this bitch at the mothafuckin' wall. Walk yo ass to the Apple store for a new one," said Keisha.

"Go head and throw my shit and see what happens."

Keisha raised an eyebrow and threw his phone as hard as she could down onto the concrete, watching the glass from the screen shatter. 

Rico looked on and shook his head.

"You crazy ass bitch! Aye homie, give me a minute. God damn," said Rico as he started walking away. 

Shawn took this as his chance to make a move. Within a second he opened the car door and ran up on Rico, shooting him in the back of his calf. Keisha screamed and immediately turned to run into the house. Rico himself was letting out screams of his own as he was now keeled over in Keisha's front yard. Shawn walked up to him and used his foot to turn Rico onto his back.