Chapter Thirty Four

Shawn held Beyoncé's hair back as she released everything she ate for lunch into the toilet.

This was the second time she had gotten sick today, and she was hating it.

Once she was finished, she pulled herself up and flushed the toilet. Shawn helped her stand up so she could turn the faucet on and brush her teeth.

"Ugh," she said, "I hate throwing up."

She turned around to face him, resting her back on the counter.

"I know it baby," he said pulling her into him, "You think it was something you ate?"

"Maybe...," she said looking down, "My period is 9 days late though."

Shawn used his hand to tilt her head up to look at him.

"You saying what I think you're saying?"

"I think so," she said biting her lip.

"I'ma be a dad?"

"Maybe," she said smiling.

"I'ma be a dad!'

Beyoncé chuckled at him.

"We don't know that yet baby! I gotta take a test," she said.

"Well what we waiting for? Do we have any here?"

"No," she said shaking her head, "We gotta go get some."

"Well let's go!"

"Do you mind going to get them? My stomach is still turning, I think I need to lay down for a little bit," she said.

"Of course baby," he said leaning down to kiss her forehead.

"Get the digital ones," she said as he released her and they made their way into their bedroom.

"Digital, got it," he said sitting down to put his shoes on.

"Get a few," she said, "I want to be absolutely sure."

"I was already going to do that Ma," he said.

She nodded her head at him. He walked over to her side of the bed before leaning down to place a kiss on her lips.

"I'll be back," he said.

Beyoncé laid her head down on the pillow before quickly falling asleep.

Shawn nodded his head to the music playing on the radio as he drove to the closest CVS Pharmacy to pick up the tests. He was listening to the music, but he was in deep thought about the possibility of Beyoncé being pregnant. He couldn't help but smile at the thought. He had always wanted to be a dad. To make up for the experience he had with his Dad. He always vowed that he would be the best Dad he could be.

He eventually pulled into the CVS parking lot and made his way into the store. He looked up at the signs above each aisle, trying to figure out which one had the pregnancy tests. One of the workers noticed him looking around and asked him if he needed any help.

"Yeah man, I need to get some pregnancy tests," he said.

"Right this way," said the man.

They both stood there looking at all the different options.

"I need get the digital ones," said Shawn.

"These ones are the best," said the worker as he reached out to grab the ones he was talking about.

"Clear Blue," said Shawn, "How do you know these ones are the best?"

"I got three kids, and they ain't never lied," he said.