Chapter Twenty One

Shawn went upstairs to the room they were staying in and grabbed the gun that he had brought with them. He tucked it into the back of his pants before grabbing his phone to call Emory. He waited, listening to the call dial. It wasn't long before Emory picked up.

"Yo?"

"Aye man, they pulled up out front across the street," said Shawn as he exited the room and back to the window to see them still parked across the street.

"Aight, I got Ty Ty and Lenny waiting at the gas station off 7th Ave and Harrison. When they see you pass by they'll pull out and tail y'all."

"Word. I'm about to leave. Just keep your phone on you in case some shit pops off before I get there," said Shawn.

"I gotchu," said Emory.

Shawn hung up from the call and took a deep breath. This situation was a little different from the ones he had experienced in the past only cause now there were people he cared about involved. He shook his head and got the keys to the car before opening the front door, locking it and walking to his car. He didn't even look over at them. He didn't want them to have the slightest clue that he saw them. He got into the car and proceeded to reverse out of the drive way and make his way down the road and just like he suspected, he saw them approaching in his rear view mirror.

"Let's do this," he muttered.

While Shawn lead them towards their location, Emory made sure everything was set up at their meeting point. Ty and Lenny were anxiously waiting at the gas station, waiting to see Shawn's car pass by. Everyone knew they couldn't miss a beat with the plan. Shawn felt it more than anyone — he had promised Beyoncé that he would handle it, and that was what he had intended to do. It didn't take long for him to come up to the gas station, and as he did he looked over for a brief moment and locked eyes with Ty and nodded. As he approached the next intersection he looked up into his rear view to see their car trailing them. As the route started to leave the main roads, he could tell that Rico's guys were getting antsy. He felt like they knew something was up. A few moments later only confirmed that suspicion as they began to speed up behind him. He grabbed his phone to call Emory.

"Aye man, they know what's up, I'm coming to you and I'm coming fast," said Shawn as he looked up into the rear view mirror and back at the road.

"Aight I gotcha, I even brought a couple more reinforcements," said Emory.

"Word? Shit, the more the merrier," said Shawn.

"You already know brotha. Listen, when you make it to the one minute mark, call and give e a heads up," said Emory.

"To be honest man, we about there now," said Shawn as he made a sharp right turn.

The sound of tires screeching could be heard in the background. The men got close enough to Shawn's, going as far as bumping into his fender.

"Na you ain't fucking up my shit," Shawn muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing man, they bumping into my fucking car! Aye, be ready cause these motherfuckers are disrespectful," said Shawn.

"Word."

Shawn hung up and continued to mutter curse words to himself as he looked the men in the face through his rear view mirror. Within thirty seconds Shawn was pulling into the warehouse lot and busting a quick donut so that he now faced the car. The men had made a quick stop seeing this action. Ty Ty and Lenny slowly pulled up behind them, not giving them an option to go anywhere. Shawn put his car in park and removed the key from the ignition, and then got out of the car. He walked in front of it and sat on the hood of it, even leaning back a bit. Emory and three other men walked out of the building behind Shawn, all equipped with guns of some sort. Shawn could see the windows rolled down on their car and shouted out, "Why don't you come out of the car so we can speak!"