Chapter Thirty Six

"Baby, can I please take this blindfold off now?"

"Just one more second," he said as he held her hand so she didn't fall.

Shawn had managed to keep her blindfolded all the way from their home to the hotel they would be staying at for the weekend. He told her to pack a small bag and that was it. Beyoncé being Beyoncé asked a million and one questions trying to figure out what they were doing and where they were going, but Shawn wouldn't budge. He wanted to be able to surprise her for once.

"Okay, in three, two, one. Open your eyes," he said as he slowly removed the blindfold.

Beyoncé slowly opened her eyes, cautious of what she would see. Once she took in her surroundings she gasped. She was in awe of the beautiful view of the city.

"Baby, where are we?"

"We are in the penthouse suite of the Ritz Carlton," he said as he stood behind her, softly rubbing her arms.

"But why? What is this for?"

"Baby girl is almost here and I wanted us to have one last weekend just us, to relax and enjoy ourselves," he said.

Beyoncé's hormones were always on one hundred and she couldn't help herself as her eyes brimmed with tears. She turned to look at him, holding his face in her hands.

"What did I do to deserve you?"

"You're giving me the greatest gift I could ask for, it's only right I pamper and love on you," he said before leaning in to give her a kiss.

Beyoncé gladly kissed her husband back, letting him know how much she loved and appreciated him. She couldn't think of anyone else she would want to be experiencing life with - not to mention experience creating life with.

"I wanted to make sure we got here early because we have massages scheduled at ten," he said checking his Apple watch for the time, "It's about quarter 'til nine, so we have time to go downstairs and grab breakfast before if you want."

"That sounds good baby!"

Before leaving they both changed into casual clothing so they could easily take it off for their massages. Hand in hand, they walked through the lobby, downstairs to the breakfast restaurant in the hotel. They were quickly seated and Beyoncé looked over the menu wanting to order one of everything. This last trimester of her pregnancy had her feeling ravenous - she could eat a lot.

"Everything looks so good," she groaned.

Shawn chuckled at her, "Get whatever you want baby. I also think they have a buffet, which may be your best option with the way you put food down these days."

Beyoncé pierced her eyes at him, "Ha ha, very funny."

"I'm just saying," he said shrugging.

Their waiter greeted them and they were able to place their orders. Beyoncé did indeed go ahead with ordering the buffet and immediately helped herself to two plates filled with various different baked goods, eggs, bacon, grits, and waffles. Shawn laughed out loud when she returned cause he just knew his wife was about to put in work.

"Baby," she said as she sat back, now full from the amount of food she just ate, "You never cease to amaze me."

"It ain't nothing Bey. You my wife, you carrying my daughter," he said.

"I know, but a lot of women are not this fortunate. To have found a partner to experience this journey with, and someone who is as thoughtful and kind and loving and caring as you," she said as she reached across the table to take his hand in hers.