Chapter Thirteen

Beyonce stared down at a photo that a lady took of her and Shawn at the beach and smiled

Beyonce stared down at a photo that a lady took of her and Shawn at the beach and smiled. It was the last day of their vacation and she really didn't want to leave. It was so nice being able to get away and act like reality didn't exist for a bit. She sighed when she thought that they were going to have to go home anyways. 

"Baby send that to me so I can make it the background on my phone," Shawn said to her.

She immediately sent it to him and locked her phone before placing it on the table she sat at. 

She looked up at Shawn as he sat across from her. They were out to a late lunch right now.

"What you thinkin 'bout?"

She sighed, "Just about how much I don't want to leave." 

"I feel you baby. This been a nice ass time away from home," he said.

She nodded, "Are you excited to start your job?"

"Hella excited. Get weekends and nights off? I ain't never experienced that," he said to her.

She smiled.

"I'm really excited for you baby. Now I need to get my ass a job," she said. 

He sighed. The last time they spoke about her not working and him providing for her, they got into an argument. She made it very clear that she wanted to get a job and make her own money. Granted Shawn got a job, but he had plenty of money saved up from working on the streets. Some would say it's dirty money, but in Shawn's mind, he paid his dues to get that money and he was changing his life around for the better now. But he was keeping his money. 

"Have you started looking at anything," he asked ignoring his thoughts.

"A little, everything is so basic. I'm getting older and I want to do something that's going to serve a purpose," she said as she stirred her straw around in her Pina colada. 

"Baby, I'm 'bout to be working in a car dealership. Thats basic as hell."

She rolled her eyes, "You're working for a very reputable brand. You're smart and creative. You have real potential to work your way up through the company. But okay."

He sighed. "Bae, what's wrong?"

She was quiet for a moment as she gathered her thoughts.

"I just, I just don't know what I'm here for. I'm happy in the sense that I'm in an amazing relationship, my family is great, I'm alive and healthy but... I don't know what I'm doing in life. What am I good at? What could I see myself doing for the rest of my life? It just gets frustrating feeling like I'm just floating on through life," she said.

"Baby, you've expressed to me that you've been working since you were fourteen. This the first time you ain't had a job since then. Maybe this is a sign that you gotta step back and smell the roses. I know- I know we had this discussion before, but... I would love for you to consider to take all the time you need to figure out what it is you want to do and allow me to take care of you. I have money saved up. I'm working. Allow somebody to take care of you for once, please?