Getting Back To Normal.

I walk through the school doors feeling quite good about today. I went with something cool but comfy. I'm over making Levi jealous. Life must move on.

I see everyone gathered around the notice board so I also decide to check it out

I see everyone gathered around the notice board so I also decide to check it out. Surprisingly, people part ways for me, the nerd. That's weird.

I take a look at the board. Ooh we'd be having our mid-term exams in the third week of October this year. That's not something people would be gathered around for.

Just then, something at the corner of the board catches my attention.

It reads, "School Nerd Slaps Bad Boy."
"Our very own school nerd, Rosetta Williams gives Levi Daniels the slap of the century as he forcibly kissed her" I didn't read the rest. I couldn't.

There were images of the kiss and the slap too. Oh my. That's why people were gathered here. I leave the area and walk out for fresh air. Oswald approaches me.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asks, seemingly concerned.

"Yeah. I am. Thanks for caring" I say. Then I decide to ask him,"Why do you care?"

I look him in the eyes.

"Because I do"

"That's not an answer."

"Fine. Because you mean so much to me. Yes, you don't want me in your life but that doesn't mean I shouldn't care for you" he says

"Nice story but what's the real reason"

He sighs and says, "Because I like you a lot and I hate seeing you hurt" he holds my face in his hands.

This time I know it's the truth but I don't know what to do. I just got out of a relationship, I can't just jump into another so I just avert my gaze and he sighs, letting his hands drop.

The bell rings. I have Geometry now and so does he so we walk in in absolute silence. I can feel his eyes on me but I don't dare look at him. I can't.

Why do I always end up hurting those who truly care for me? Why can't I just drop this and get something started between us?

There's clear chemistry. Even I see it. Yes, I'm not just all about books.

These thoughts run through my head as I head to class that I don't realise I'm about to head into a wall.

Luckily a hand gets in the way and lessens the impact.

"Are you okay? Be careful next time" he says, examining my face.

"I should be asking that. That has got to hurt" I take his hand in mine and inspect it for any bruises.

Then I squeeze it a bit. "Does it hurt?" I ask blowing at it with a perception that it would reduce any pain.

He just shakes his head to the question.

Someone bumps into me. "Move it." He says and I remember that we are in front of the class door with everyone present staring at us.

Oh my. I blush, taking my usual seat as he takes his behind me.

I smile.

Things are getting back to normal and I like it.

I get through the rest of the class with that smile on my face.

Hey guys. Sorry for the short chapter. Just being lazy. I'll make the next one extra long

Xoxo-Detia❤