chapter 23> A break from reality.

Start from the beginning

He began to approach me and i was really uncertain about so many things at once. It was like my head was about to explode and i couldn't stand straight.

"Woah! Lia you gonna fall"
He said as he helped me get my grip and provided a chair for me to sit on.

"It's really you sanè"
I said as tears fell from my eyes. All the emotions i have piled up for seven years began to surface.

"Yeah I've missed you so much"
He said as he leaned in for another hug but i was really confused. Where the hell was he for seven years?!.

"Missed me? You left seven years ago and now you're just going to say 'you missed me'. Yes of course you should. It was seven fucking years sanè!"
I yelled.

"I'm sorry lia"
He said and i just felt more anger.

"Sorry?! you're just going to say sorry. Many things have changed while you were away. I'm no longer your lia."
I spat angrily.

"I looked for you all over lia. I've been looking for you for over three years now but i don't know it's like you were hiding"
He said through his tears.

He was looking for me? Three years??!! How could he have been looking for me it's not like i went to space or something. I just needed something more credible to explain where the hell he was like maybe he was in a coma or something or he suffered from amnesia.

"Sanè I'm sorry but what you want is long gone"
I said while trying my best to hold back all my tears.

"Lia I'm really sorry. I tried. I swear i really did"
He said and i watched him break down in pieces right in front of me.

"I've to go. Those are the files you need right there"
I said as i immediately ran out of the office. I couldn't control my tears and the longer i stayed with him the longer i would hurt keith and everything i have built for over seven years.

I stood on the rooftop of my workplace and i cried myself to the extent where it was really hard to breathe.

Nothing made sense. Why now? Of all the times he could have shown up why now sanè? I really wanted to hug him so tight and tell him how much i had missed him and how much i still love him but keith was all i could think about. Why does it always seem like everything is against me and sanè.

I watched him cry in his car for almost an hour before he finally drove away in a fit of rage. I was about to run after him and tell him everything i had felt for him and what i still feel for him when i received a call from Keith.

"Hey kate called"
Keith said as i picked up the call.

"Oh"
I replied scared that kate may have told him about sanè and how i reacted after seeing him.

"I really want to punch that douche face for treating you that way just because he is your boss"
Keith showed empathy and that only meant kate told him about the way cole sprout treated me and part of me was really grateful and some part of me just felt very guilty for not telling him about sanè.

"I would accompany you and we'll both end up in jail"
I replied through what seemed like tears and laughter coupled with self pity.

"Duo forever right?"
He laughed so hard over the phone.

"Forever"
I said and i wasn't sure i meant the word 'forever'. Forever was really a long time.

"Anne are you okay? You sound really off?"
He asked sounding really worried.

"Yeah I'm just really stressed."
I replied.

"Okay that's it. I'm going full mayweather on this cole sprout mammy"
He said and i couldn't help but laugh.