Chapter Twenty-Four : No Time For Heroes

I groaned out loud as my head slammed against the ground. For the tenth time, I yelled out in frustration, wriggling my ass in the dirt.

"I am going to kill you guys." I shouted out, hoping those idiots could hear the vemon in my voice.

"You're first gonna have to learn to stand there, Bambi." I tried glaring in whatever direction I heard those two troublemakers laughing.

"Haley, don't let you anger get a hold on you." Simon spoke sternly, always giving little inputs and critique here and there. I rolled my eyes and struggled to my feet with my hands tied behind my back. Oh, I was also blindfolded. Simon's brilliant idea exercising the beast.

Oh, I'll show them beast. I spat outs mouthful of dirt and rolled my shoulders.

"Wait, til I get a hold on you." I drawled, rolling my shoulders back. I spreaded my feet apart and crouched. My skin prickled with an acute pain, but I learned to ignore my sudden hate for sunlight. I closed my eyes and listened. The sound of their thudding hearts carried with the wind and overlapped each other until there was just a booming sound in my head. I cocked my head to the side, gaining my coordination and smirked.

"Now." Simon ordered and we whipped into action, as fast as a freight train.

Our intrusion to the pack didn't go unnoticed. People either slithered away as soon as we were in sight or some dumbasses tried poking their fingers in our face. And being the nice person I was, there are quite a couple of people walking around without fingers. This place was making me more haywire than a loose bolt. If it wasn't Myra waving her stupid pom-poms around like some anorexic minion, or Drake challenging me to a staring contest, or even the Ryder's expectation for me to be darn perfect, I was going to blow some heads of if I stayed in a room with them longer than need. And we've only been here two days. Two days of me ignoring everyone including Colton, two days of us grueling in their backyard and thinking of ways to make a Lycan piñata. And two days since I have last feed. So yeah, maybe I did have a little of an anger problem. Kill me.

I bit my tongue as a silver blade plunged into my gut. With a grunt, I brought my knee up to his face. I whip behind him and kick his back to where I sensed another coming. I heard a scuffle and wind rushing towards me. I flipped my body into the air and brought my arms over. My legs twisted around his neck and I slammed both our bodies into the ground. I rolled over onto my stomach and sweep under someone's running leg. I heard him swear as he tripped, my other leg coming up to kick him right in the forehead. Another picked me up from behind and made to throw me across the field. I coiled my chains around his neck and yanked him down, slamming my knee into his nose. I kicked out his legs and brought me legs around him. I yanked his chin forward and dove for his throat, stopping right before my fangs could prick his skin.

"How did I do?" I whispered mockily.

"Better than the last time." Travis chuckled and pulled away. I grinned madly, and pulled the blindfold off.

"Nice going, Haley. Blind as a bat but as quick as a fox." Grant said as he picked himself up slowly.

"I know, right." I winked at them and broke the chains around my wrists.

"Modest too, who knew?" Devon joked and slung his arm around me. "Well, it's almost sundown. How about we blow out of this joint?"

"Finally." I said, throwing my hands up in the air. " I've been craving some Mexican lately."

The boys shared uneasy glances, clearly not liking my idea of a joke. While we've been trying to my physical aspects of my condition more subtle, there was this one thing that no one could curb. And while they accepted my diet choices, they still felt a bit wary. A quick peek over my shoulder and I found them frowning at each other. Its like they were waiting for the next pyscopath to emerge from me.