Chapter Ten: Playing For The Wrong Team

Hey guys!! I know I'm a bit late... had a couple exams to study for. The results were not pretty. Anyway, I was feeling a bit down and tried not to let that affect the work. Hopefully you guys won't be disappointed :) And my birthday has passed, sweet sixteen yay, and was literally a crazy day.

***********************

Locked in each others embrace, not one logical thought crossed my mind. His brilliant blue eyes poured out so much emotion, I thought my chest would burst with the feeling. Colton would be the death of me, one way or another.

Slowly, reality seeped in like the cruel vixen it was. The space between us widened and we were both back to our cold states, confusion of what happened. Hell, I can't explain. I thought it would be reasonable, trying to save Travis. Now, my heart felt constricted when he pulled back.

"No distractions. What happened to you?" Colton says, breaking me out of my daze. His voice is soft but demanding. In the vulnerable state I am in, I looked away.

I thought back to the fight. A werewolf unwelcomes. After last nights drama, the last thing I wanted was to bring that up. There was nothing Colton or anyone could do. Not only that, I couldn't trust Colton. Not after everything he says equals to lies. Now I was going to have to join this game and break his heart.

I just hope I wasn't in it.

"A little practice." I say, finally looking up to him, hiding the lie. Colton looks like he was about to say something, no doubt reprimand me. I couldn't let him have any say in this.

"Don't you start Colton. What the hell was that? You nearly killed Travis!"

"He touched you." Colton defended himself, shock by my outburst.

"He never touched me. In fact, he done more for me than you ever have. Like he actually listens to me."

"I listen to no one." He growls, pulling me closer.

"Obviously not." I roll my eyes. "If you did, I wouldn't have to deal with you."

Colton's eyes darken and his fist bunches up around the fabric of my torn shirt. His body vibrates against mine, anger fuelling both of us. Without hesitance, he tried to kiss me again.

Not so fast lover boy. I duck down, effectively getting out of his grip. Stunned was the last thing on his mind as he narrowed his eyes on me.

I stood perfectly calm a few feet away from him, my heart was practically pounding in my chest and my palms sweating. My nerves were haywire but I remained emotionless on the front.

"If there was one thing you could ever do for me Colton, it would be to forget about me. I know it might be hard, but we just not right. I would be lying if I said I didn't care for you, but a small part does. And after what happened last night, that part wouldn't want you to be dragged down with me. I hope you can accept this."

Minutes tick by as we both stand there, taking in what I just said. As the silence stretched on, I took him in. I took in every detail, every plane, from the every crook and crany, how his dark hair wisped in the wind.

His hands balled into fist, his tendons pulled tightly and his jaw clenched. I was beginning to see something I never saw in Colton, and I did not know what it was.

I could feel a cold rage emit from him causing a shiver to run my spine. His face hardened and something flashed between his eyes, something related to defeat. I was starting to wonder if I made the right choice all along.

"Fine."

Colton's voice was a shock, breaking that barrier of silence. It surprised me more that he blatantly agreed, after everything. I couldn't believe it.