Chapter Nine: This Little Convict Knows Her Stuff

"It's like watching a low budget movie."

I snorted softly at Meagan's comment and cross my ankles. The cold morning air was crisp, making everything feel more energized than usual.

"It's all part of her major plan I bet. We are not done yet." I commented, watching the flock of people from across the soccer field. Naturally, right in the midst were the two most talked about people.

Wanna guess? One starting with the same letter as "slut" and the other with "crap."

A whole new ball game has form, the system was being overrided since dawn this morning. Sasha scored an easy A with Colton, now I can't help but be a little curious.

"Leave it be for now. Your mother has hit the ceiling." Meagan breaks my train of thoughts as I stare at Sasha and Colton getting a little cosy. Ugh.

I throw my feet off the eight feet high wall and let it dangle on the side.

"And that should bother me?"

"It should if you want me to keep my body pieces intact. Your mum and mine have been drilling me on you." Meagan fakes shock.

"Ah, Haley 101. Always my favorite subject." I wink at her.

"Haha, so funny." a new voice pops in.

"Hey Grant, whatcha doing?" Meagan raises her voice a couple of octaves higher as she sang.

"I'm bored, and they," Grant pointed in the so general direction of those stuck ups. "Won't leave me alone."

Exasperated, he slumped his body against the wall beneath me and faced Meagan. I puckered my lips slightly as I racked my mind, finding I too was bored. Not to mention my mind was heavily depressed from last night's episode.

Yes, it was only last night Colton cornered me and demanded that I finally be his and now, gross, did she really just drape her hand over his inner thigh? Yup! he moves pretty quickly.

I could practically see those little horns on Sasha's scalp, a smirk plastered on with light gloss, knowing I was watching. And having the satisfaction of me being affected. I was torn, a constant thumping drumming in my chest, almost physically painful.

I thought I would eventually get use to this pain of rejection, of being unwanted and unloved, until the feeling was numb. But strangely, seeing Colton with her, knowing perfectly what he was doing, broke me more than anyone ever has. I did not know what was worse, him being able to move on or him not fighting for me, despite what I always say. This was not how mates worked, was it?

I was not going to give them the cherry named hurt. I was going to show that their little game on the other side of the playground didn't interest me. All I had to do was pretend this was kindergarten.

I hopped off the wall, landing next to Grant.

"I might not be able to keep them away from your smexiness defined, but I could help with your boredom." A hint of a smile plays on my lips.

"Smexiness defined hey?" Grant grins.

"Oooh, I know that look in your eyes. Someone help me down." Meagan shouts excitedly, gaining a few on lookers.

Grant catches her as she hops off fragilely and sets her down.

"Alright, for this, we need three awesome people." I say, walking with the pair of them trailing along.

"Check." Grant hollers out. The bell rings and hoards of people rush through the back entrance. It takes only a minutes before its just the three of us standing outside the glass door.