Chapter Two: A Little Piece Of Hell We Call Life

I bolted up in bed, panting heavily. I...He...

Oh thank heavens it was just a dream. I held my chest, calming my racing heart. It was all just a dream. Hot psycho, werewolf, mates. All just a result of my overactive imagination. I fell back onto my pillows and breathed out in relief. "I have got to stop reading werewolf books at night." I mummer to myself.

I opened my eyes again and cringed, my eyes hurting from the morning light. I cover my eyes and fumble my hands to pull the blinds closed. I yawned attractively and dragged myself to the bathroom.

Okay, that was a lie. Who yawns attractively?

I let the water run and take a look at myself in the mirror, well hello gorgeous. I pull my blonde hair away from my face, showing every single contour.

Something felt off, something I couldn't shake off.

"Hurry up Haley, you gotta drop me off at school." my sister literally yells from across the hallway.

I cringe again, this time at her high pitched voice. Would it kill her to use a muffle, like a pillow? I guess it would.

I showered quickly and threw on some clothes. I locked my bedroom door for privacy purposes and headed down stairs.

Immediately a tangy smell hits my nose and I follow it to the kitchen. My sister was sitting along the island, with a glass of OJ in her hand and reading the newspaper.

The newspaper was generally divided into three in this house.

Music and pop culture for Malory, my sister.

Business for my mum.

Cartoons for me.

"Come on kiddo." I say and take the keys to my mother's beat-up truck that she only let's me borrow every once in a while.

Malory follows suit and I start the rusty engine. I search through the mess for my CD's, a mix tape Cameron made. Seems like my mum threw them out again, yipee.

I drop my sister at her school then take the fifteen minute drive to mine, resorting to singing loudly. The traffic was heavy and I could tell I was going to be late. Random cars pulled up at the lights, noise frustrating my ears.

"Damn, what is wrong with me today?" I groaned, wincing again as my ears thudded. The smell of bagels and chocolate covered croissants makes my mouth water. How in the world could I smell that? Could it be? I think of my dream. "Nah."

I pulled up to the school's parking lot twenty minutes later than expected. Not that I really cared. I take my sweet time walking up to the front doors, not forgetting to get a slip at the reception. The receptionist frowned at me with disgust and didn't bother hiding it.

She dropped the slip in my hands, refraining from contact. I leaned down onto the counter, looking into her four eyes.

"You know, you got the whole pig look going on with your nose up in the air like that. Turns me on." I say, winking and turning around, getting that sweet satisfaction of her blowing up like a balloon.

I crash into someone and they go falling down to the ground. "Oh hey Cameron." I greet chererily. He groans like a tractor in response.

"Come on, we didn't bother bump that hard. I'm still standing."

"Which is the biggest question of the day?" he says and stands up, flicking off invisible dust.

"No, I believe the question would be how dinosaurs died."

Cameron laughs and takes a slip from the receptionist, who did a major 180 degree mood change. She smiled sweetly at Cameron as she handed the slip over.