Chapter Twelve: Like The Idiot I Am

Chapter 12, can you believe it?

I am really sad now because this is the second time I'm writing this. The first time it just randomly disappeared. Now I don't know whether it would be as good as the first but I will try.

And I left you with the cliffhanger last time. I should have updated earlier but I was working on a few new ideas.

***************

"Run!"

"Shit."

"We're going to die!"

I know, dramatic aren't we? Well, I do apologize, we haven't been getting much sleep lately. If only mother had to hear about that.

Where were we? Oh right, getting killed.

Everything happened so fast. Travis grabbed my wrist, his hold like a vice, iron shackles, and began to drag me away.

Simon was frantically scurrying about the room, trying to maintain numerous files at once. All our heads snapped up to the door of the room. Five large wolves stalked inside the room.

The moment just froze there for me. Their russet fur seemed too dark for my liking, their stance too arrogant. Everybody froze, it was frightening to watch. I felt like I was that little kid on the sidelines, standing in adults clothing.

That same fear the helpless boy gets when the jocks approach him, traveled through my body. It was new to me, it was scary.

My eyes caught theirs and that was it for me. Bloodred eyes stared back at mine, like they finally settled on their target. They found what they were looking for and they were not going to stop until they got it. The challenge had rised and they accepted, death would have to stop them.

The target was me.

The hunt was on.

I blinked and suddenly I was thrown back into reality.

"Get her out of here!" Simon yelled to Travis who dragged my trembling self away. The wolves sprung into action, vicious growls escaping them.

Grant and Devon sprang into the air, landing as white wolves, huge and majestic, in the middle of the room.

The floor shook beneath my feet, trembling with my body. Travis kept running, pulling me as far away as he could but they were catching up, and fast.

"Up the stairs."

My voice came back and I took the lead. I gracefully ran faster than I ever have, through the maze of the house. I was going to have to led the fight away from the house.

Poundings against the walls matched those of my heart, my footsteps thudded on the wooden floorboards. My arms kept pushing.

I needed to get away from here.

My shoe clad foot barely touched the first step before I went tumbling down. My head hit the wooden stair, scrathing open the surface of my skin. The air changed around me and something began to drag me down.

I yanked my leg and skillfully rolled over on the stairs. I stared for a moment wide eyed as two wolves flew right over my head, locked in each others powerful embrace.

The brown wolf yanked hard on Travis leg and banged his head on the stairs.

I couldn't let Travis and the rest fight alone. That wasn't the plan. He wasn't even supposed to shift for a couple of days, not since Colton, a pain spiked through my chest at his name, nearly broke him.

My mind had lost control and I moved freely on impulse. I pushed myself up and jumped over the brawl.

The brown wolf immediately switched and jumped on top of me. There was no hesitation in his attack, he wanted me dead. My back slammed against the uneven ground and his sharp canines aimed for my face.