Chapter Seventeen: Strings Of The Puppeteer

Okay, so after the last chapter, I realized I don't like being inside Colton's head. It's too, platonic for this story, and let's face it, Haley is the spice to this story. So I'll be sticking to her POV, although there might be a few others later on in the story.

Also, I've got a brand new story called No Regrets. Please check it out as well as my other werewolf story, Left Breathless.

*************************

"Come on and face me." I chuckled with a dark humor. "Scared I might bite." I taunted vilely.

Despite my constant croaking and teasing, just like it had been for the past thirty hours, I was greeted with eerie silence. The cold, damp air tasted foul in my mouth. I coughed violently, groaning in pain as I did so. Little piece of advice: Never get freakin kidnapped.

Usually I'm feling super bad, like superman without Kryptonite. Ha! Now it's as if T-rex came back from the dead to personally chew me up, spit me out only for me to be hauled through near dry cement then hung up against a wall with bear traps digging into every limb. No exaggeration needed this time. I felt like crap.

I was weak, tired and bleeding to death. I swear, my skin has this weird purplish tinge to it, and personally, that's not my best color.

That stupid moonshifter drugged me with the bullet that was currently still digging into my chest and when I woke up, bear traps held me suspended in the air, cuts and markings all over my skin. Each blade was piercing deep into my flesh. One tiny movement and I'll be screaming bloody murder. It hurts like hell. I was fighting my body to keep awake. Slowly I felt myself slipping, darkness cruelling laughing omnimously, calling me. So I continued to rant and rave, I would not be silenced.

"Oi! You big bully. The devil called, he wants you to come back home."

Yeah, I was passing time with boredom. Somewhere at the back of my mind, I realized it was a full moon tonight. Damn, didn't even get to sign my will. First things first, I needed a way out.

"Hey! You fakers, didn't know you were that desperate to get a girl. Must say, this is a bit kinky."

I heard a metal slot slid, a soft clinking ending the movement. From my weak vantage point, I frowned. That's the first sign of life in this place. An opening in the door allowed a dim light even, though it was enough to hurt my eyes.

"Shut up bitch." a gruff voice shouted and yanked my chains.

I screamed out loud in pain as the metal dug and tore through my naked flesh. My screams echoed into the small, dark room before it turned into an eerie chuckle. I was left panting and my chest rised and fell heavily. I was going to get out of this God forsaken room, even if I had to kill my sanity to do it.

"That's the worst you got." I heaved, wetting my dry lips. "Too scared to come in here yourself?"

"What the hell do you think can do?" He asked.

"How about you come here and tell me."

The door slid open. A dark shadow stood waiting at the entrance of my small cell. My pupils immediately dialuted, zooming into it's newfound toy. That loud thudding, echoed inside my head, louder, and louder. My breathing became persistant, my spine arching in torment. Suddenly my body was not my own. I could feel the strings of the puppeteer at work. A miserable wreck I was, and someone needed to pay.

Unconciously, I licked my lips, remembering Colton's words. You lick your lips when you know you going to win something you didn't even start yet. Right now, a deep, carnal hunger spread through my battered body, starving for a bittersweet victory.