Chapter Nineteen: Paint The Wall With Blood

"You're pathetic."

His steely voice flitted through my head. A searing emotion wraps itself around my heart, branding and inking my soft flesh as his words pulled. It beated frantically, like a thunder clap, wild and raw. Eli's poison crawled throughut my still form, invading and tainting.

I thinned my lips as I stood petrified, my eyes locked with those enigmatic eyes. Warmth seered on my wrist as he delicately held on, a familiar feeling of need and desperation clawing at me. Eli had made me feel completely naked under his gaze, ready to bleed my heart out just for him. My head felt as if was due to explode.

"Don't dare call me pathetic." I replied with a strained voice. My throat tightened, choking the words down.

Eli laughed. It wasn't that hearty laugh, filled with joy and waiting to embrace me. It wasn't that laugh I had once fell in love with. This was with a dark and bitter warmth, an emptiness in the sound. Yet my body buzzed like the teen I am.

"Oh but Haley," Eli whisper as he neared me. His lips grazed my flushed cheeks, his icy breath fanning me lightly. His fingertips touched the nape of my neck, trailing up until it caught in my tangled tresses.

"We both know, you are really pathetic."

His words stung me, like a hand gripped my fragile heart and held on tightly. My breathing haltered loudly, an slight whimper escaped my lips.

"See." Elijah said in his aloof tone, as if he knew everything there was to me.

Tears threatened to break out as I continued to stare at him. Eli was smiling as he looked at me, an emotion hidden, an emotion that I desperately wanted, no matter what the price.

His thumb pulled on my lip before he sighed and stepped away. Eli continued to smile at me, one that transported me back in time, when everything was more simple, when he was the only that could fill the vacancy in my heart.

"I... I need to leave, Eli." I stuttered, cutting my wording in half. I needed to leave before I relapsed.

"Stay with me." Eli spoke. Behind his words, I heard a different voice.

"I can't." I whispered sadly.

Eli frowned, disappointment and anger clouding the warmth that was there before. Eli's mood swings were something I understood. One of the few reasons that I stayed up with him all night, trying to think where did I go wrong.

"He doesn't deserve you. I do." Eli voiced fiercely.

"What?" I choked out.

"What do you know about forever, Haley? Is he the one you want to spend it with? We both know it's that's not true, we both know this mates stuff is bullshit." Eli gripped my head between his rough hands, staring intensely back at me.

"How do you.." I trailed off. It slammed me into me hard, wrapping around me and shaking me, desperate for my attention.

"You're a werewolf?" I asked, nearly crying.

"Stay with me, Haley. You're not made for him, you know that. You love me, I know you do." Eli whispered, his forehead touching mine.

Both our breathing became loud and ragged, emotions swelled in me as it traveled down and up this twisted rollercoaster.

"Stay. Stay Haley and everything can be the way you want it to be. Everyone can be safe from a war, you don't need to be tied down to him. And I can give you the love you want. Just say it Haley, say you'll stay."

Give me love. That's all I ever wanted. Eli. He can give it to me, just the way I wanted, no needed it. It's been a while, a long while, but I still felt the same. I could forget about Colton and everything that came with him. I could burn that bridge down and he'll be gone.