Chapter Five: Pink And Covered With Stuff Teddies

I know I said I would upload once I got good feedback but I couldn't resist. I bunked school today so why waste a good opportunity..

The aint't and Colton and Haley action here. I you guys are not disappointed. But how about a ship name for them. Caley???

*******************

My name was being chanted and euphoric screams and shouts filled the previously abandoned warehouse.

"Haley! Haley! Haley!" my name filled the air. I threw my head back in a drunken giggle and stumbled a bit.

The guy towering over me shadow-box a bit, dancing in a circle. I threw my fist and punched him in the gut. He groaned and dropped down to his knees. I pulled back and swung my knee, knocking him out cold.

His friends dragged him away, shooting me wary looks. I smirked as people clapped me on the back, congratulating me one yet another victory.

Even with this high, the numb, bitter spirit I carried along all day would not go away. The smell of sweat and alcohol brought the bile up my throat. I pushed through the crowd, trying to get rid of that putrid stench.

Never in my life had my life hit such a low. I was in a lively crowd of hundreds of people, nearly everyone sharing a welcoming smile, yet I felt more lonely than a single pickle in a jar. Heck, at least the pickle had a jar.

What did I have?

My friends abandoned me for things that were inevitable. I was no longer a normal human and to top it off, my mother kicked me to the curb.

I felt like that cliche reject. I was unwanted, unloved. My life was a mess. Officially I was the most hated person in my school, all because of that stuck up snob. I wasn't supposed to care, I wasn't allowed to feel broke, but I did.

With everything going around, I felt lost in a blur. My brain couldn't comprehend what was happening to me. I still wanted all of this to be a dream. secretly, I wanted to belong, to be loved.

But somehow, all that changed when he came.

A red plastic cup got shoved in my hand, the beer spilling on my wrist. Like damn, that's gonna leave a stain. I chucgged the drink down in one gulp, already feeling dizzy.

"Okay, you done detoxing, now time to talk."

You see, I lied. About all that me being alone and unloved, blah, blah, blah. There was one person that would never leave me, who loved me equally. the only one that understood me and never judged and stood by my side forever. The one person who had my devoted love.

And right now, that person made me smile. And she wasn't a dude, sadly.

-------

Simon drove me home immediately. That was the piece of the puzzling that was missing ever since I turned into a mammoth sized dog with a badass temper.

I didn't belong to the woman I called my mother. How could I when I was now a, bleh, werewolf?

"You not going to do anything irrational, right?" Simon asks with a frown. I glare at him before leaning back onto the cool glass.

"You sound smarter when you shut up."

Without another word, he pulled up in the driveway. Today was one of those rare days she was at home.

My stomach dropped as I stared at Malory through the window, laughing with my mother.

Mother. The word turne bitter in my mouth.

I grabbed my jacket and walked up to the front door. Simon waited in car. I barged in the room, already knowing it would be the last time.

She snapped her head up to me, her joyful face hardening as she looked at me. She cleared her throat and told Malory to go to her room. My sister cast a fleeting glance to me before running up the stairs.