Chapter Twenty-Eight: We Are Wild

Chapter Twenty-Eight : We Are Wild

First time I had my heart broken, I broke a couple of bones as well. Sprained my wrist, fractured leg and broken tailbone. The pain overshadowed the pain in my heart, my cries were louder than the sound of my heart cracking. I realized it was better. A drug that made you forget, a world where you were king.

Elijah walked out on me, "I can't take this shit anymore." That was his explanation. And he grabbed his duffel bag and did what he always wanted to do. Leave. For a while, I had been the only thing that kept him there but things got bad between us and he decide he had enough.

And I was angry, god damn I was so mad at him I grabbed our TV set and threw it against the wall. I took the baseball bat and destroyed my room. I was a wreck, something inside of me broke and died. In that one second, I hated him so much. He made me lose my friends and my above average grade. He made my mother think I was crazy. The police questioned me on him, he was a horrible person and left me with the mess. I used to be good. I never fought or swore or even drank. I used to be good until he came and then he wrecked me and left. He broke my heart, a lesson learned.

And that's how my mother caught me, in a hurricane of crazy, destroying the house. And I would never forget that look in her eyes. Fear. And I realized, I was never going to be good again.

And that's when I became Haley. I walked out the house. I grabbed a bottle over the counter at Lulu's and that feeling inside of me, that unleashed beast inside of me had wanted out. So I went to the place he showed me, fought and got my bones broken. I loved it.

I went back every night, wanting that same high, that same ecstasy. Elijah made me love, he showed me a different world and then left. He made a beast out of me. He left because he couldn't control his own creation. He couldn't tame me.

And now I had that same feeling inside of me, a hurricane of crazy. That same madness. The feeling that I'll never be good again left me with a devilish grin. I would always be bad, a wreck, right to my dying day. The only people who die are those who try taming the wild ones.

I smirked, catching my reflection in the rear mirror. My hair tangled itself in the wind like a golden ocean and there was a maniac twinkle behind that green eyes. I wasn't an Alpha at that point. I wasn't a Prius Supra. I was the girl who wouldn't be heartbroken, I was the girl who fought the losing fight. I was Haley Williams...

And that's a name you should remember.

I pressed down on the gas harder, clutching the steering wheel in one hand and drinking from the bottle in the other. The All American Rejects sang from the radio and I sang along, laughing and mad.

I took a sharp turn, spinning the car around and changing gears. I caught a glimpse of the two wolves running along on the outskirts of the forest and drove down. I wished I was human, because I realized how ready I was to die. Right now, speeding down faster and faster, drunk and mad. This is how I want to die.

I closed my eyes and pressed harder on the gas. The car roared, flying down the road like a bird. I smiled to myself and stretched my arms out. I was flying, soaring. Free. The world thundered, a thousand screams all at once. I felt the wind wrap around me like a blanket, the cold night air caressing my skin. I felt the flames of hell licking my back, calling me eagarly. I felt alive.

Grant howled, a bit annoyed. I laughed to myself, my eyes still closed. Odd stones laid uncomfortably beneath my back and the side of my face had a bit of blood from where I scraped the ground with my face. The car laid a few feet away, totaled and in flames, where I crashed it into a tree. I laughed again. I wasn't dead.

Running footfalls came closer and urgent voices. "It's Haley. Haley, are you okay? Are you hurt?" I allowed the hands to help me up, one alerting the pack that the three warriors made it down.