Part. 90

(F/N) was putting a fence link into place when Abe ran up to him, he hadn't found the strength to ask Mr. Geddes for a horse to ride. Abe spoke, "Hey, Mr. Butch? Mr. Butch."

(F/N) turned around and raised an eyebrow, "Mr. Abe?"

Abe walked up and leaned against the fence, "There's a telegram messenger for you, over there, near the house." He quickly pointed in the direction for him, (F/N) felt a pinch in his gut, "There is? Okay, thanks."

Abe nodded, as (F/N) ran towards the house, he was hoping this was an actual telegram and not an elaborate trap to arrest him. All these years on the run had made him paranoid. When he saw John talking to the messenger his stomach tightened more, he quickly ran up and swallowed as John started signing something, "H-Hello, I-I'm Butch, you had a telegram for me."

John passed the book he had signed, over. The messenger smiled, "Yes, I do. Please sign where you see your name."

(F/N) quickly did as told, his hand shook, as he took the pen and wrote Butch Cassidy as if it was his real name. As soon as he signed his name, he handed the pen and the book back to the messenger, the man handed him his telegram, and (F/N) gave a quick, "Thank you."

Both the men watched the messenger left before looking at their messages, (F/N) read his aloud first, "My dearest, Mr. Cassidy, stop. First of all please give our family friends a hug for me, stop. Tell them I miss them dearly, stop. The situation here has gotten worse, stop. Mr. Briars shut down his business, something to do with finding a treasure, stop. You need to get back here, as soon as possible, stop. We have much to discuss, stop. Forever yours, Mrs. Deupant, stop."

John gave (F/N) a look, "Deupant?"

The other man waved his hand he couldn't stop staring at the letter, "It's Mary-Beth's fake name. Shit, this is bad." His heart rate picked up, he was out of a job, in debt, and he didn't even have a horse to get him home."

(F/N) put his hands on his face, he took a deep breath, quickly realizing John was still there, "W-what does yours say?"

The man paused and looked at his own telegram, he scanned it quickly, a smile spread across his face. (F/N) waited for a while, "Well?"

John looked up at him and pocketed the piece of paper, "Nothing important." (F/N) got the feeling he was being lied to, but he ignored it, he had more important things to attend to. The man rubbed the back of his neck, with his hand that was shaking a bit too much, "I-I got to go talk to Geddes and see about getting a horse."

John nodded, and started walking backward, "Alright, I gotta go speak to Abigail."

(F/N) waved his hand and started walking towards the house, what the hell had happened? He tried to ride up here, to pay of some thugs to avoid trouble, ended up getting in a gun fight along the way, then found John, then gotten into more trouble, and now he just lost his job. (F/N) ignored the beautiful scenery around him, as he knocked on the door.

He took deeper and deeper breaths, "Everything'll be alright, everything'll be alright."

The door slowly opened, Angus Geddes poked his head out. (F/N) nodded, "Angus, How're you holding up since the bull?"

Angus laughed, a sly smirk spread across his face, "Fine, Mr. Cassidy."

"Is your father in? Could I talk to him?"

Angus nodded, "Uh...sure. I'll just get him," before he walked back inside his home.

(F/N) took a breath, his nerves still high, although he did have to crack a smile when he heard Angus shout, "Pa."