Part. 92

(F/N) yawned as he woke up, he stretched out silently before he sat up. He noticed his wife was reading over something, "What's that?"

Mary-Beth jumped as she put the paper underneath the blanket she had been sleeping on, "Nothing," she said quickly as she looked at him, smiling innocently, "Did you sleep well?"

(F/N) laughed, "Don't change the subject. You know I get paranoid. What is it?"

His wife sighed slightly as she pulled out the paper she had tried to hide, she slowly handed it to her husband, "I read in the paper, that they were looking for writers in New York. I was thinking maybe I could write short novels...so I decided to write a letter asking for work...I was planning on sending the first chapter of a new novel I wrote..."

(F/N) looked at the paper, "Wow...I never..."

Mary-Beth interrupted him, "I know, it's a long shot. But I wanted to at least..."

The former outlaw handed her the letter back, "I think it's a great idea. They'd be stupid not to hire you...but...New York...it's a ways away."

The writer huffed slightly, "We'd figure something out."

(F/N) sighed and nodded, "True...we'll talk later. I probably need to get up. The other guys'll make fun of me if I stay down any longer."

Mary-Beth nodded as she went back to writing. (F/N) fastened his gun belt as he walked out of the tent and stretched even more. The sun was slowly rising and waking up the rest of the world. He noticed that Charles, John, and even Uncle were up already. He walked over to the fire and grabbed a coffee mug. As he poured himself a cup, Uncle spoke up, "Ahhh, feels like old times. It's good to have the old gang back together."

(F/N) laughed as he set the coffee pot back into the fire, "This isn't the old gang. Some of the others still standing might kill us if they saw us."

John laughed slightly, "And you hopefully won't try to kill me again."

Uncle rolled his eyes, "There he goes! What'd I tell you Charles, what'd I tell you? Boy is as sour as week old milk. No wonder she didn't stay with you. Not even a retired two dollar whore would stay with you. That's the goddamn truth!"

John pointed at (F/N), "He made it work!"

Uncle waved that comment off, "He's still decent company. You used to be. But now, you're worse than a snake with a toothache. All he does is whine, whine, whine."

John leaned forward as (F/N) sat back and enjoyed the entertainment, "Excuse me?"

"Oh, don't get all angry," Uncle snorted, "it ain't gonna change nothing. You're hopeless and I mean that literally. You got no hope."

(F/N) nodded, "He's got a point there...I mean you chose to trust me...you really must have been desperate to have..."

John silenced him with a look. The old man gestured to (F/N), "The boys right. It ain't just the company you keep. Look at this place." He stood up and pointed at the shack, "Your dream home. I've had better nightmares than this dream."

(F/N) chuckled slightly, as Uncle did an impression of John, "Oh, darling Abigail. I've changed come live with me in an outhouse I wouldn't ask my worst enemy to live in."

(F/N) laughed as he nudged John, "Oh yes, darling John, I'll let my son live in God's armpit," he continued laughing as John shoved him off of his seat. "What do you want me to do?" John snapped.

"It's awful," Uncle said rather bluntly, "It's a dump. The house it's gotta go. Get some self-respect you miserable sack of shit. Build a house a lady would set foot in. There's a reason that one's wife sleeps in a tent." He said as he gesture to (F/N).