Part. 33

He called me his brother...that might not have meant much to Sean, but it meant the world to me. Even though he annoyed the hell out of me, I loved that loud-mouth like a brother. What fun we had robbing and fighting. What the hell was Dutch thinking? We should have played it safe, and tried to work one family, or stayed out of this altogether. Sean might be still kicking if we had just tried to rob one of 'em. I guess Sean taught me a lesson about the fragility of life, he was standing about a foot away from me when he died. It could have easily been me. This last month had got me thinking about dying. I came close when I was with Colm and when those Grays shot at us. And I didn't feel angry that my journey was coming to an end. I didn't feel sad either. I didn't feel a goddamn thing...almost like I didn't have anything to live for. That's not right. That's not human.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) sunk the cross into the ground, he had cut Sean's name into it, to show his last resting place. (F/N) stepped back and looked at the lake, the sun was slowly setting on the water this was a beautiful spot. (F/N) looked at the pile of rocks that he had put over Sean. He had buried his friend in the woods, in the country, facing a beautiful lake, this is where he would want to be. (F/N) licked his lips, his voice shook as he spoke, "I wish we could have made it out of this. I hope wherever you are...you're watching out for the rest of us."

(F/N) smiled and nodded his head, he didn't have anything else to say to his friend, except, "I'll see you around, Mr. Macguire."

As (F/N) walked over to Bullseye, he shot one last look at his friend, a smile slowly spread across his lips as he left. Somehow he knew Sean was smiling back at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) rode up to camp, he wasn't in the best mood, but he noticed that everyone was gathered around Dutch's tent, they seemed even more on edge. (F/N) jumped off of Bullseye, was Dutch making an announcement? Had something happened? (F/N) walked up to the leader's tent as soon as Dutch saw him, he practically ran up to the him, "(F/N), have you seen that boy, Jack?"

(F/N) raised an eyebrow confused, "No." What did he mean? Had Jack wandered off? (F/N) was still very confused, he was about to press him for more details. Suddenly Abigail ran up to Dutch, a look of panic was written all over her face, she was almost in tears, "Where's my goddamn son?"

(F/N) looked at Abigail, he was about to say something, but a frantic Abigail kept talking, "They took him, didn't they? They took my son."

(F/N)'s heart went cold and his blood started to boil, as he realized what was going one, someone had taken Jack. They had kidnapped a little boy, (F/N) looked at Abigail, "Who took him?"

Hosea and Arthur walked up, they had been looking in the woods just in case, "We think that Braithwaite woman took him."

Hosea sighed, as he delivered the bad news, "Kieran saw a couple of her boys grab him."

Abigail held her chest, she looked right at Dutch, "Where is my son Dutch van der Linde?"

John walked up the group with a concerned look on his face as well, (F/N) growled, "We're gonna get that boy back Miss Roberts. I will go there alone if need be."

Dutch looked at (F/N) and nodded, he returned his attention to Abigail, "He's right. Abigail, you have my word. We will find him, bring him back to you. And kill any fool that had the temerity to touch one hair on that boy's head."

The concerned mother looked at Dutch, she was had tears in her eyes, "Just get me back my son."

Dutch nodded and started walking confidently to the horses, "I will get that boy back, so help me god."