Part. 9

It was a hot day out, even as (F/N) sat at one of the tables drinking his beer, it didn't cool him down at all. He could almost see the heat rising from the ground, the young gun wiped the sweat from his brow for the third time, "You really should get a hat to keep the sun off you."

(F/N) turned to see John walking up to him, "I haven't found one that feels right until I do I'd rather burn."

John shook his head, a smirk slowly spread on his face as he sat down next to (F/N), "That's your business."

(F/N) shrugged, he took another sip of the beer in his hand, John took a swig of his own. He looked like he had something to say, "You know, I forgot what you're like when you're working."

The young gun raised an eyebrow, "How so?"

John shrugged as if he didn't fully understand himself, "You just seem like your so calm and relaxed whenever you're shooting. I ain't never seen anything like it. It's intriguing and terrifying."

(F/N) laughed, there was no big secret, "The trick is to..."

Abigail walked up to the table the pair were at, she looked like she needed to speak urgently, "I'm sorry to interrupt (F/N), John can I talk to you a minute?"

John sighed, he usually didn't want to talk to her, but today was obviously not a good day, "Not again, Abigail. Not ever. Just...leave me alone, will you?"

(F/N) immediately finished the rest of his beer, and got out of there, he knew this was going to get dirty. Neither of them could stand each other, but they stayed together because of Jack. Abigail glared at John, "You're pathetic! You're a pathetic man, John Marston!"

John shot back, he was really pissed off, "Don't I know it!"

(F/N) wanted nothing to do with their arguments he wanted to do his own thing, he was planning on spending the day riding with Bullseye, looking for something to pass the time, but then he saw Hosea, polishing a big rifle. The gunslinger walked over, this was proving to peak his interest, "Whatchu doing old man?"

Hosea looked up at (F/N), he smiled slightly"I was fixing to go hunting, you young fool."

(F/N) laughed slightly and looked at the large rifle Hosea was holding, "Hunting? This might work on rabbits."

Hosea chuckled as he finished cleaning it, "It just might. No, I saw a huge bear. One of the biggest I ever saw. I reckon nearly a thousand pounds."

He whistled and grabbed his belt, he couldn't imagine a bear that big, "My god, but if anyone could take that thing out, it'd be you."

The wise man looked at (F/N), a thought occurred to him, "You're not doing anything, are you?"

He shook his head, "I was just gonna go look for some money, but no."

Hosea stood up, a smile spread across his face, "Good, then you can come help me."

(F/N) shrugged, if hunting with Hosea was what he had to do, then he would do it, "Alright, I guess it's important to help the elderly when I can."

Hosea turned to look at him, "You best shut your mouth before I shut it for you."

(F/N) chuckled, he knew he was gonna have a good time, "alright, where we headed anyway?"

"Up near the Dakota River. Might take a day or two."

(F/N) shrugged, he looked around it was relatively quiet, so it would be a perfect time, "I could do with a break, I've been working pretty hard."

Hosea nodded, and smirked, "Yeah, getting into bar fights, will do that to you," he handed (F/N) a saddlebag filled with supplies.

(F/N) scoffed and started walking to Bullseye, the old man was still sharp as a whip, "You're lucky I like you."