Part. 96

(F/N) whistled a tune as he and Mary-Beth rode back to the ranch, she was hugging him tightly from behind, "Do you think we should get married in a church? Or do it outdoors?"

(F/N) laughed, he hadn't been in a church in years, but he wasn't going to tell his wife that, "I'll leave that up to you. You can do it however you want, as long as it doesn't cost too much."

Mary-Beth scoffed, she had been bombarding him with wedding plans ever since they had gotten back, "I'll have to get a dress and everything. You'll need to get a suit to."

(F/N) rolled his eyes, but his smile faded when he saw a large pile of furniture in front of the ranch. He snapped Bullseye's reins, and the horse took off. As soon as the horse stopped in front of the pile, (F/N) jumped off and quickly helped his wife down. He noticed John and Abigail were laughing as they looked at the pile. 

(F/N) cleared his throat, "What's this all about?"

John turned around, he gave him a giant smile, "(F/N) you're back. Geddes sent us some old furniture, we can spruce the house up."

(F/N) laughed, as he looked at the large pile, there was everything one would need for a house, from bathtubs to couches, "Well we better get it all set up."

Mary-Beth ran her hand over (F/N)'s back, as he rolled his sleeves up to start working on the house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Right here?" (F/N) asked as he set the rocking chair down.

"That'll do," Abigail said as she pushed him aside. (F/N) shook his head, as he leaned against the porch's railing. 

Uncle slapped (F/N) on the back as he sat down in the chair next to Abigail, "This is finally starting to look like a real home."

Abigail scoffed as she looked at him, "You fouls just about managed to get through."

Uncle laughed, "John found himself a good woman, she saved him. John saved (F/N), they both saved me, I saved Charles, so it goes."

"Well...Mary-Beth saved me, so all it takes is a good woman," (F/N) added.

"Exactly," Uncle said as he pointed at (F/N), then he looked at Abigail, "John Marston and (F/N) (L/N) are the luckiest men alive. Arthur told me that a long time ago."

(F/N) and Abigail went silent at the mention of Arthur. The former outlaw took a deep breath and looked at the night sky. The stars looked like a group of fireflies, he was about to say something until he heard sniffling. He looked at Abigail, she had tears running down her eyes, she put a hand to her mouth as she spoke, "Finally, old man, you...you made me cry." (F/N) sighed as he watched Abigail stand up and walk away. (F/N) looked up at the sky, "I wish I knew I was the luckiest man alive back then," he whispered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) sighed as he listened to Jack finishing up the book he had been reading, "The galivant knight Sir Gallahad and Princess Brea raised seven happy children and none of them ever knew that their father had been the bravest warrior in the world."

(F/N) paused for awhile as he listened to Jack say the last two words, "The End."

The former outlaw smiled, "Good job, Jack," he said approvingly. He leaned back into the easy chair, it was surprisingly comfortable. He glanced at the boy, "You'll be reading faster than I can think." He looked at Uncle, "What'd you think, old man?"