Part. 46

(F/N) was eating a bowl of stew across from the most 'entertaining' man in the camp, Charles. (F/N) took another bite of the food, Charles was sitting there quietly. (F/N) cleared his throat, "So Mr. Smith how are you keeping?'

Charles didn't look up from his stew, "I'm keeping."

(F/N) cleared his throat, he tried to make conversation again, "So...I learned I have an Uncle from Micah's side."

Charles kept that neutral expression on his face, "Good for you."

(F/N) licked his lips, "The foods getting better, huh?"

"I guess."

(F/N) sighed, he waited for him to add something but he didn't, "You don't have much to say do you?"

(F/N) didn't know what he was expecting, maybe an explanation, or an annoyed look, but all Charles said in that same tone of voice was, "No."

(F/N) sighed and stood up, he pushed his food away, he had lost his appetite, the 'great' conversation from Mr. Smith had helped. (F/N) was walking over to Bullseye when Arthur caught up to him, "Hey, (F/N)."

The young gun turned to look at his mentor, "Hey, Arthur."

Arthur smiled slightly, "Were you heading out?"

(F/N) nodded, as he thought back to the horrible conversation he had just had, "I just need a break from Charles Smith and his 'exceptional' conversation skills. And until Dutch thinks of the rest of the plan to take down Bronte. I can't do that."

Arthur nodded, but before he let him go, he added, "Well we still gotta help out those Indians at the Oil Refinery." (F/N) nodded, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

Arthur and (F/N) walked together to their horses, "So...how you been?"

The young outlaw shrugged, and coughed a few times it seemed to be happening more often, "I feel a little sick, but I'm sure it's nothing. I'm just trying to work past it."

Arthur looked at (F/N) a little surprised, "Yeah, now that you mention it, I feel a little off to."

As (F/N) mounted Bullseye he added, "It must be a combination of this swampy shithole and Pearson's cooking."

Arthur chuckled as they both rode out of camp, "That it could be. How you been since Dutch snapped at you?" 

(F/N) frowned, it hadn't been a great experience, especially since he had to go work for Micah, "He's under a lot of stress. It's probably just getting to him. I don't blame him for yelling."

Arthur raised an eyebrow, "Really? That's what you think? He yelled at me when we were heading to get a skiff. We've been in tough situations before, he's never been that way."

(F/N) shrugged, "I trust Dutch, sure he might have some issues. But he's gotten us out of worse situations than this. I believe him when he says we're gonna escape."

Arthur shook his head, but he smirked slightly, "I hope so. He said we're gonna be harvesting mangos by the end of the year."

(F/N) laughed, as they avoided Saint Denis, "Imagine that, (F/N) (L/N) the fastest gun in the east and Arthur Morgan his teacher, ruthless outlaws turned mango farmers."

Both of them laughed, Arthur smiled, "I hope we do make it. But there's this other part of me, it keeps gnawing at me. That part thinks we'll fail."

(F/N) sighed, and patted Bullseye on the neck, "I don't even want to think about that. I would do anything to keep that from happening."

Arthur's smile slowly faded as he thought of something, "Me too...I spoke to a monk the other day."

(F/N) raised an eyebrow, making sure he had heard him correctly, "A monk?"