Part. 89

It's quite an odd feeling, to feel as though you've regressed so far back, I don't know whether I'm angry, sad, or confused, possibly all three. I thought I was doing so well, I thought that I was the guy who was reluctant to run into the fight, the one who was supposed to be able to tell right from wrong. But now I realize it was just hidden, I promised myself that I'd keep my anger under control for Arthur...and for my wife. But I'm having trouble, as much as I like to deny it. John hasn't spoke to me since the fight with the Laramies (Thanks Abigail) and without Mary-Beth, I feel truly alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) set a bale of hay down with the rest of them, he casually stretched his shoulder, as he walked over to grab another bale. He noticed John was walking in the distance, (F/N) waved at him, the scarred man looked at him but didn't wave back. He sighed as he turned away and went to grab another bale of hay, he was starting to feel like he had right before the gang fell apart, like it was him against the world. Maybe he was? Things were getting worse by the day.

Right as he went to grab a bale of hay, (F/N) heard Mr. Geddes voice, he was whispering, he sounded scared, "Now, dear I won't hear any more of it."

Suddenly, Mrs. Geddes voice answered him, she sounded more angry than scared, "You won't hear any of it."

(F/N) awkwardly scratched his head and walked out from the side of the barn, he didn't want to interrupt the two while they were having a discussion. Unfortunately, Mr. Geddes saw him,and decided to involve him, "Mr. Cassidy, I'd like to have a word with you."

(F/N) stopped dead in his tracks and slowly turned around, Geddes was probably angry that he and John had beaten up those Laramies. He was gonna have to face the consequences of his actions. The former outlaw slowly walked up and awkwardly smiled, his voice cracked as he "Mr. Geddes?"

Geddes cleared his throat, he seemed a bit nervous today, "I heard we had another incident with they uh Laramie boys?"

(F/N) casually scratched his neck, he went into his normal routine of underplaying what had actually happened, "Uh yes, Milton and I got into it with Laramie himself and one of his goons."

Mr. Geddes started walking with his wife, he seemed even more on edge now that he knew they got into a fight, "They mean to scare me."

(F/N) started walking after him, "Well, are you scared?"

Geddes took in a shaky breath, and gestured to the rest of the ranch, "A little...I've got a lot invested in this place and not just the land but my family."

(F/N) nodded, he felt the need to reassure the man, he wanted to help him, "I understand, you've done a lot for me, so I'll keep you safe."

Geddes smiled a little, his words sent a wave of relief over him, "That's a relief to hear son. So have you heard anything back from your family? Or your boss? If he's upset, I can put in a good word for you."

(F/N) raised a hand to politely refuse, "I haven't heard anything from them, which is either a really good thing or a really bad thing. As for my boss...well I'm probably fired, I've been up here too long to keep my job, but you don't need to worry about that."

The owner of the ranch gave him a warm smile, "You'll be fine son, as long as you keep working long and hard, there'll always be a place for you here."

(F/N) nodded at Mr. Geddes and his wife, "Thank you sir. I'll let you get back to it."

After politely excusing himself, the two men parted ways, while (F/N) let out a sigh of relief, he had hoped Geddes wouldn't be too angry, thankfully he was right.