Part. 11

(F/N) was hyperventilating as he rode up to camp, he was beyond exhausted, and not from working. The reason he felt so weak was his passenger, Sean kept rattling on, "This seems like a nice place to lie low for a while. It's no Donegal but it'll do."

(F/N) was clenching his fists as he hitched Brown Jack to a post, he needed to calm down right now. Sean had talked the entire way back to camp, the entire time, he had heard so much about Sean's Da and his homeland, it made him want to cry.

As (F/N) walked back to his spot, Da...Dutch caught up to him, "(F/N), my son."

The young gun turned, weakly smiling, he was so happy to talk to someone who didn't have an Irish accent. The gang's leader frowned when he saw how defeated (F/N) looked, "It was that bad, huh?"

(F/N) nodded, he was gonna have nightmares about the ride back, "That bad."

Dutch frowned and pulled out one of his cigars, "Well, I know how to remedy that. Let's have some fun tonight. Let's enjoy ourselves."

(F/N)'s eyes widened, he wanted to be sure he heard him clearly, "Are you saying we're having a party?"

Dutch smirked and lit the cigar and wet the end with his lips, "Maybe, just a little one. That means no opium."

(F/N) sighed, at his reminder of the most interesting night he had ever had, "That was one time Dutch, and that guy told me it was really rare tobacco."

Dutch chuckled, at his suffering,  "You go enjoy yourself, son."

(F/N) nodded, and walked over to a box of beer, as Dutch yelled out, "Mr. Macguire is back. So come on, let's have ourselves a party!"

(F/N) uncorked the beer, and took a long sip as Sean got up on a crate and started giving a speech, shockingly he already had a drink in his hand.

(F/N) smirked and shook his head, he walked back over to his tent. The sun was slowly setting on the horizon, it felt peaceful. As he made his way to his tent Kieran walked over to him, "So we're celebrating?"

He nodded, this was gonna be fun, "Yup, it's really just an excuse to get drunk and sing. It's been a while since we've had one."

Kieran nodded, he sounded relieved, "All right, that does sound nice."

(F/N) nodded and took off his gun belt, he tossed the belt on the ground, "Yeah, you go have fun, I'm gonna go get blind drunk."

Kieran nodded, as he left (F/N) commented, "You better watch out for Sean. He's gonna give you so much hell when he finds out you were an O'Driscoll." Someone started the phonograph, and it started the classic accordion music it usually did.

Kieran's smile faded as he scurried off, (F/N) chuckled to himself, he saw Arthur riding up. (F/N) smiled and walked over, he grabbed another beer from a crate, while taking a sip from his own. As Arthur hopped off his horse, (F/N) threw the beer at him, the older man turned and barely had enough time to grab the bottle before it hit him in the head.

(F/N) laughed aloud, Arthur sighed and uncorked the bottle, "What if I hadn't caught that?"

(F/N) didn't stop laughing he was hunched over, Arthur sighed and walked up to (F/N), he almost shoved him over as he walked past. He looked at the camp, everyone seemed to be having a good time already, there was no trace of the bad times they had recently. He quickly caught up to him, the entire gang was having a good time, it looked like, Sean was with Karen and a couple of others and were singing a song at a table. There were a bunch of people gathered around the campfire and talking. (F/N) smiled, it finally felt like things were back to normal. He walked with Arthur back to his tent, "It finally feels like things are going our way for once."