Part. 94

(F/N) sighed as he looked at Uncle snoozing away under the large tree. Uncles snoring gave him away. He was growing numb from the old man's sleeping, but he was still mad. John slowly walked up to him, but right as he was about to speak (F/N) held his hand up. He sighed and shook his head before kicking the old man as hard as he could in the leg, "Your dozing off again!"

Uncle woke up, his eyes were wide with shock, he shook slightly as he regained his bearings. He put his hands up to defend himself, before calming down. John growled, "Just one time I hope to catch you working. One time!"

The old man sighed and shook his head as he regained his composure, "Do either of you believe in reincarnation?"

"No," John snapped.

"Well, I hope and pray to whatever is out there that I get to come back as a young'un, so that when you're old and facing death I can be some two penny slave driver that comes along and hastens your journey to the grave."

(F/N) rolled his eyes, the old man's tone was getting on his nerves, "I'll send you to God right now, if you ain't careful."

John shook his head as the men started arguing, "Enough! Both of you.  If we don't get on with things around here then we'll all starve."

"Get on with what?" Uncle snapped.

"Farming, Ranching, Planting something."

(F/N) shook his head, trying to move one from the argument, "You're not gonna be able to plant anything here, but the high grass means that you could graze here. So we could buy some cattle, goats, or sheep."

Uncle nodded, "Now, goats is easy, but...they taste awful."

"I don't like goats," John added, "And cows, I've seen enough cows."

"Then that leaves sheep."

Uncle nodded, "But any live stock that means you'll need a barn."

(F/N) sighed, "Just after we finished building that house to."

"It'll take six months for the three of us to build!"

Uncle rolled his eyes at John, "Oh, you don't build a barn, dumbass. What do you think this is, 1785? You buy one pre-cut, just like the house. This is the industrial age. The lumber fellers all have 'em."

"That guy makes me hate the modern world," John muttered.

(F/N) rolled his eyes as he whistled for the horses, "You're insufferable sometimes, the modern world makes things easier. Besides, I want a barn, it'll give Mary-Beth and I some place to sleep when Abigail and Jack get back."

John gave (F/N) a look, as the horses approached, "You're far too comfortable in that house."

"There's not even any furniture in there, John, and I don't have anywhere else to sleep," (F/N) said as he mounted Bullseye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) sighed as he finally smoked a cigarette, he had noticed that the Skinners had been looking at them from the woods last night. They were planning on doing something, that was for sure. (F/N) took a deep breath as the tobacco calmed his nerves, but the pressure of the situation was getting worse. He really hoped he didn't have to fight them off in the middle of the night. He actually had put some roots down in Beechers Hope, and he wasn't just gonna leave because some gang wanted them out. 

He didn't have the money to go anywhere else. He and Mary-Beth had about 50 dollars to their name. He prayed that his wife was successful in her endeavors, but if she got that job in New York he didn't know what they would do. (F/N) took a deep breath as his hand shook slightly from his nerves. He tried not to focus on it and relax a bit.