The Beginning of a New one

(Announcement: This is NOT the canon ending, but I chose to write it because I wanted (F/N) to have a happy ending. That being said, the one where he dies is the only true ending.)

John was so caught off guard, by Dutch, that it was easy for Micah to headbutt him. John yelled out as Micah cracked his skull against his. The outlaw wrestled John's revolver away from him. All (F/N) could do was watch. Dutch kept his guns aimed right at him, his expression was firm yet sympathetic as he spoke, "If you so much as twitch, I'll shoot."

All (F/N) could do was stand their with his pistol pointed at Micah, he needed to help his brother. The burn on his hand was only getting worse, it was hard to do anything with it. He felt like crying when Micah stood up with John's revolver pointed at his friends head. John gave (F/N) a desperate look, as Micah laughed, "Now, son...now...what were you saying?"

John mouthed the words, "Shoot through me."

(F/N) shook his head, he was determined to let them both make it out of this alive. He turned his attention to his old mentor, he needed to buy time for the both of them, "What're you doing here, Dutch?"

"Same as you, I suppose."

Micah smirked, his burned flesh was still sizzling, "Dutch and I are teaming up once more...we got money...we got dreams. Join us, (F/N), join us. We can be a family again."

(F/N) glared him down, "Family didn't mean so much when you tried stabbing me in the back." He looked at Dutch, his expression hardened, "It hurt even more when you stabbed me in the back, someone that I used to look up to...leaving me to die." Dutch didn't respond, so (F/N) turned to Micah. If Micah killed John, there was nothing stopping (F/N) from killing him. If Dutch shot (F/N), there was nothing stopping him from killing Micah and then him. If he shot Micah, John was dead and so was he, the former outlaw wasn't that fast. 

They were at a stalemate. The cold air was putting everyone on edge. He swallowed, he took a deep breath as he tried to stay calm, "Let him go, Micah. Take me instead."

"You know I can't do that, Boy."

(F/N) knew he wasn't going to convince Micah to do anything but shoot John. He needed to do something. So he turned back to Dutch, "Dutch please. Please! I'm begging you."

Dutch's expression soured, "You turned your back on me, son."

"You turned your back on me. You left me to die," (F/N) shook his head, "I trusted you with my life, and that's how you treated me."

"I was trying to do my best...you...you left when things got too hard," Dutch's hand shook slightly.

"I supported you Dutch...I was too afraid of you to tell you what you needed to hear."

"Join us...join us, (F/N)," Micah interrupted.

(F/N) glared at Micah, he was ready for bullets to fly, "He's got nothing to do with this! Let him go! This is between the three of us."

John tried to get (F/N) to just shoot Dutch and then get Micah. He didn't care about what happened to him. But (F/N) did, he refused to give up on his brother. Micah shook his head, "I don't want to kill you, Boy."

(F/N) glowered at him, he knew what would happen if he lowered his gun, "That ain't true. I helped both of you! I did things that'll haunt me for the rest of my life. Arthur tried to help me, and I chose you over him.  You manipulated me!"

Micah sneered, angry that he would place any blame on him, "Arthur's been dead a long time...this is a new century."

(F/N) looked at Dutch, he pleaded with him, he desperately tried to appeal to him as best as he could, "Dutch...please...you said I was your son. I stuck by you. You know that. I was on your side. I thought I was helping...but I wasn't. It wasn't my fault, things turned out that way." He heard John grunt as Micah wrapped his arm around his neck. (F/N) shook his head, "You don't want to shoot me, Dutch. I don't want to shoot you either. I'm better than that."