Part. 14

It's been an interesting month. We got Sean back, we're making some real money, and Mary-Beth and I are getting along real well. She's just....amazing, but I can't break my code, I made a promise to myself and a promise is a promise, no matter how I feel about her. I wish Mack was here, he was pretty good at calling me on my bullshit. I do miss those Callender boys, Sean told me he saw Mack get shot to hell during Blackwater so we probably won't meet again. Things will be alright though, I just need to keep moving forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) sat down next to Arthur who was cleaning his rifle, "Hey."

The aged outlaw looked at him, and cleared his throat, "(F/N) (L/N), the fastest gun in the east come to talk to me? I'm so lucky."

(F/N) laughed, he wanted to ask a burning question, "Shut up...How did things go with Mary?"

Arthur looked at him, he put down his rifle and shook his head, "You called it. Her little brother had joined that cult, the chelonians. She wanted me to help him."

(F/N) burst out laughing, he was shocked anyone would be stupid enough to join them, "Chelonianians? Really? Those crazy guys who believe that we've had a false reality implemented into our minds by alien souls? And the only truth is through turtles?" (Yes, I am referencing Scientology)

His mentor smiled at the idea, "Yeah, he felt embarrassed about it afterward. I just said some encouraging things and got him back to his sister."

(F/N) nodded, he leaned forward, wanting to drive a point home, "I learned a long time ago a true sign of madness, is doing the exact same thing over and over again, and expecting different results."

Arthur frowned, surprisingly he was making a lot of sense, "Yeah...you're probably right. But I can't help thinking about how that ended. We both tried to make it work but just couldn't."

The young gun nodded, he looked at the women's tent, "I'm having a similar experience now, with Miss Gaskill."

Arthur smiled, he looked at where he was looking, "Just because it didn't work with me and Mary doesn't mean it can't work with you and her."

(F/N) shook his head, he was ringing a bell that had been rung already, "I refuse to go through the hassle of having my heart-broken, it's just that simple."

The older man sighed, the boy was so stubborn and it annoyed him to see him like that, "You do what you feel is right, that's all you can do."

(F/N) nodded again and stood up, he wanted to enjoy the rest of the day for a while, before something came up again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was setting on the horizon as (F/N) walked over to Dutch's tent, he was reading something with Molly right by his side.  He cleared his throat, "Dutch...Miss O'Shea."

Dutch looked up and smiled when he saw him, his favorite gun, "Ah, (F/N), my son. It feels like we are finally getting back on our feet," he got up and walked over to him.

(F/N) smiled he put his hands behind his back, "I knew you'd pull us back up Dutch, you're the man with the plan."

The gang's leader smiled back, and put an arm around him, "It warms my heart to see you've kept your faith, son."

(F/N) scratched his head slightly, and asked the question that had been burning in his mind, "I was wondering, when were we planning on heading back out West?"