Part. 12

(F/N) stood in the warm field of wheat. It was a bright shade of yellow as the sun was bright in the sky. He felt calm, the sound of a stream nearby made him smile. He was happy and calm, all was well. He heard some rustling from behind him, (F/N) turned around. There was a small buck looking at (F/N), he tilted his head confused, a warm feeling washed over him. Suddenly, the deer scampered off leaving him alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Hosea walked through the camp, he felt a sense of pride, everyone was either out doing something or working hard. As he took a sip of the coffee in his hand, he saw something that made him frown. (F/N) was passed out at one of the tables, snoring. The old man glared at him and walked over to (F/N), he put his boot on his side and pushed. (F/N) fell off the barrel he had been sitting on, his eyes snapped open, he looked around confused, "Wha..."

Hosea shouted at the top of his lungs, he didn't like people not doing anything, especially after celebrations, "Get up, kid! Get up and do some goddamn work!"

As soon as his eyes opened (F/N) snapped them shut, the light was too intense. A headache pounded against his skull, he put his hands on his head, he couldn't believe this was happening to him, "Argh, Why would you do that?"

Hosea had no sympathy for him, "I expect Sean to be sleeping around, but not you! I expect more from you."

(F/N) tried to ignore the pounding that was going on in his head, "I'm hungover! I can't make us any money, right now!"

The angry man got angrier, "Well that's what you get for drinking so much! Go ask Grimshaw if there's any work to be done around here. Go tend to the horses. Shoot a godforsaken animal."

(F/N) groaned and slowly stood up, he had to put his hand on the table to balance himself, he didn't know how much he had drunk, "Miss Grimshaw, usually gives the women the easy stuff, and Arthur usually does everything else. Kieran is the one who tends to the horses. And you and I got that bear meat to Pearson, so we got plenty of food."

Hosea groaned, he didn't like that he had been proven wrong, "I don't care. Do something!"

(F/N) sat on the table and rubbed his eyes, he was trying to stop the world from spinning, Hosea noticed Arthur walking by, and he spoke up. "Arthur, are you doing anything?"

Arthur stopped and looked at the situation, he spoke eventually, "I was just going to collect a debt for Herr Strauss."

The old man nodded and pointed at the young gun, "Take the boy with you."

(F/N) protested, he found some strength, "But I'm in no shape, to go collect money."

Hosea threw up his hands and walked off, commenting, "I don't care. That's what you get for drinking like you were last night."

(F/N) looked at the other man pleadingly, "Arthur, come on! You know I can't stand doing stuff like that."

Arthur sighed, he was between a rock and a hard place, "If Hosea says you gotta do it, you gotta do it."

The aged gunslinger started walking towards the horses, (F/N) clutched his stomach as he followed him. "But you know why I can't. You know how I feel about debt collecting."

Arthur sighed, he felt bad for him, but this needed to be done, "Listen, I'll collect the debt and you can just stand there and look tough."

(F/N) sighed, he swallowed his pride for a minute, "Fine, who's the guy?"

Arthur mounted his horse, "A farmer called Thomas Downes, he borrowed a lot of money, apparently."

The gunslinger groaned as he climbed onto Bullseye, the horse let out a soft snort, (F/N) could tell he was sorry for biting him. He patted the horse, he was wobbling a bit, "It's alright boy, just follow Arthur and be slow and steady."