Part. 91

(F/N) rode Simon so hard that the old horse was gasping and spitting blood. The former outlaw was smiling as he rode out of the swamps of Lagras, he had dug up all of the money that he had buried. This was the first time he had actually ridden into this city with a smile in a long time. Seeing John had given him hope. Hope that he could redeem himself.

He quickly sold Simon to the stables, for a few dollars, which he would make sure Mr. Geddes got back. Many people were smiling and greeting him, they kept saying "Hey Butch," or  simply "Cassidy." (F/N) had to keep reminding himself to answer to that name, he felt so tired of doing it. He wanted to be (F/N) (L/N), not Butch Cassidy.

He smiled when he saw Bullseye hitched to the fence in front of his and Mary-Beth's home. He ran his hand through the arabinan's greying main, "Hey, Ol' Black." The horse nuzzled into the man's neck and nibbled on his shoulder, as if to say, "Well...I guess I wanted to see you one more time before you died."

(F/N) sighed as he rubbed the horses neck before walking back into his home, he laughed slightly as he stretched out, his boots clicked against the floor. He saw Mary-Beth writing, he slowly snuck up behind her, noticing the story she was writing, he noticed she was writing a story about 'The Man with No Name.' He cleared his throat, making her jump.

She grabbed her chest, and flipped over the paper she had been writing, "Oh lord, your antics will be the death of me."

(F/N) laughed as he leaned on the table she had been writing on, "It's nice to see you, Darling." He leaned in and gave her a soft kiss on the lips, "What were you working on?"

"Nothing important. I thought you'd be staying up North?"

"Actually, John bought a ranch outside of Blackwater. He still needs to put some work in it, but it could work," (F/N) smiled slightly, as he dropped the bag of money on the table, "This should cover all of the money we owe Mr. Martelli."

Mary-Beth smiled as she peaked into the bag, "Really? I thought you said..."

"I could just say that Mr. Briars paid me for the lumber I moved," he rested his hand on his wife's, "I said I'd take care of it."

Mary-Beth squeezed his callused hands with her smooth ones, "I knew you would. Listen...I needed to tell you something."

(F/N) frowned, "What is it?"

Mary-Beth sighed, "It's your mother..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/N) burst through the doors of the inn, he walked right up to the man at the counter, "There's an old woman traveling by herself, Ms. (L/N). What room is she in?"

The man at the counter shook his head, "Sir, I can't reveal that kind of..."

The former outlaw leaned forward, his expression darkened, "Tell me where she is."

The much smaller man noticed that (F/N) was resting his hand on the large knife on his belt, "Room 4, the second to last one at the end of the hall."

(F/N) turned from the desk and walked down the hallway, his mind raced, this couldn't be his mother.  As soon as Mary-Beth had told him his mother was back in town, he thought she was joking, but it became apparent that she wasn't. He had left her mid-explanation. (F/N) knocked on the door of Room 4. He turned away, his mind still racing. Why was he here? Why did he need to see his mother? She had made her feelings perfectly clear about him. (F/N) was planning on walking away, until he heard the door open, "Hello?"

(F/N)'s hair stood straight up, he let out a sigh and turned around. He opened his mouth, but when he saw his mothers aged face, he slowly closed it. His (E/C) eyes stared straight into his mothers. Her eyes slowly narrowed she recognized him. (F/N) stuck his boot forward just as she slammed the door shut, "Go away!" She shouted angrily.