... Am I Though??

Varian gulped nervously, his hands still refusing to stop shaking.

He watched as Cass looked at him, her forehead creased with concern.

"I'm just fine...", he repeated trying to give her a convincing smile, "..j-just fine."

Varian's voice shook uncontrollably as he cleared his throat.

"Afternoon to you.", Quirin greeted Cassandra as he stepped into the room, "How are you?"

Cass shifted uncomfortably, "Been better to be honest... thanks for forgiving me."

He nodded, "Not forgiving you would me be me not being proud of my son. I know you both are good people."

Varian questioned that.

Did his dad really think Cass was a good person or was he just standing there with a fake smile?

Worse yet, Varian thought, did his own father really forgive him for what he did??

Was it all a lie?

His chest started to build up with pressure as the room suddenly felt very small.

He heard the background noise of Cassandra and his father talking, but it was numb to his ears as his heart beat became loud.

He felt like he was about to throw up.

What was happening to him?!

Sweat dotted his forehead as he pushed past them and ran into the bathroom.

Shutting the door tight Varian leaned against the cold sink and counter, using it to support his weight.

Shaky.

Panic.

Hot and breathless.

Something was wrong with him...

Varian looked at the mirror, his reflection showing his face pale and sweaty.

His hair covered half his face, messy and swept out of his eyes.

Then his reflection glitched for a millisecond, showing Set in its place.

Varian wheeled around, his heart nearly stopping as he saw no one there.

"I said I was fine... am I though??", he whispered covering his face with one hand, "What's wrong with me...?"

He squeezed his arm with his free hand, trying to comfort himself.

He could barely breathe as his heart beat got louder and louder, it's deafening rhythm overtaking his sore ears.

Dum. Dum.

DUm. DUm.

DUM. DUM.

Gasping for air, Varian clawed at his shirt, the heat building up to a fiery intensity.

He was burning up.

Varian turned on the faucet, throwing cold water over his face and arms before throwing off his shirt; unable to take it anymore.

Face red and wet, he continued splashing water on himself until he collapsed on the ground.

DUM. DUM.

"Stop! Just stop...", he whimpered grabbing his head.

DUM. DUM.

DUM. DUM.

"STOP!!!!!", he screamed from the top of his lungs as tears streamed out of his eyes.

His slim chest heaved with heavy breaths as he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder and he looked up.

Set crouched down next to him.

"H-how did... how did you get in here?", Varian whispered.

"Just breathe.", Set said looking at him with intense eyes, "Think about something you love."

Varian nodded and closed his eyes, taking slow deliberate breaths.

He felt himself calm down as he pictured Cassandra, standing in front of him with her hair gently blowing in the wind with a gentle smile as her eyes glittered with her fierce spirit.

"Thanks...", Varian breathed opening his eyes but again Set had disappeared without a trace.