A New Fiend

"So you're the moondrop now."

Varian whipped around, his bright blue eyes darting around the room in fear, "W-Who's there?!", he demanded pulling out an alchemy ball, "Show yourself!!"

"That's why you're body is doing those strange things.", the voice laughed lightly, a teenager boy coming from around the corner.

"What??"

Varian stared at him.

The boy was about his age 16 or 17, he was tall and slim with bright green eyes and black messy hair.

The teen smiled at him, his canines abnormally sharp, "You're the moondrop, that's why you have a headache and your body is acting strange.", he repeated.

"How do you know that? What makes you sure??", Varian challenged pointing the chemicals at the newcomer.

The teen shrugged.

He then held out a hand peacefully, "My name's Set and as how I know; it seems pretty obvious doesn't it? Your hair-stripe and your eyes are abnormally bright. Also you have a certain feeling..."

Set??

Varian looked at Set trying to judge him.

Where did he come from? And how did he even get in the room??

These questions whirled through his head as he decided to return the greeting.

"I didn't really think it was that obvious.", Varian said taking Set's hand for a shake, "My name's Varian by the way."

As he stopped shaking his hand, Varian pulled away as a sharp pain hit in the eyes as his eyes again flashed white.

"Agh!!!"

Clutching his head Varian fell down on his knees as tears of pain brimmed in his eyelids.

He then looked up at Set and Set turned a transparent green.

Varian shook his head.

When he looked back up Set was gone.

What?!?

Using the table to pull himself up, Varian pushed his sweaty hair out of his face.

Am I going crazy?? Did Set even exist?? Varian stressed as a rock suddenly burst through the floor.

He stared at it.

This couldn't be real.

Right?

It made no sense...

He then heard footsteps nearing the room.

Varian jumped and the rock disappeared responding to him as Cass entered the room.

"Varian, are you resting?", Cass asked him crossing her arms, "Why aren't you in bed?!"

Varian rubbed the back of his head, "Just bored..."

"You really do act like a kid.", she sighed picking him up over her shoulder and flopping him into the bed, "Sleep.", Cass ordered.

And this time Varian listened.

His mind hurting to much and feeling drained as he wondered if he was going crazy...