You can call me Alex

The-duck-gurl speaking. Just a random photo I took at the top. it's supposed to be the other way up though. Thankyou so much for 200 reads! By the way, seeing as we're all gonna be stuck at home for a while, I'm gonna try to post a new chapter once a day. My inner voice is telling me no one reads these anyway but let's just ignore that. :)

I'm sitting on a wall after school, feeling terrible. I haven't seen Eliza so unhappy since mum died. This is all my fault.
Someone comes and sits next to me and I don't feel like company, especially his.
"Go away."
Alexander doesn't budge.

"So you told her."

"Alexander, I'm not in the best mood right now, so can you just move to Mars where I will never have to see you ever again." I say in the most sarcastic voice possible.

He snorts. "Angelica, you're never in the best mood."

I glare at him and grab my bag, striding over to a bench ten metres away. I pull out a book. He doesn't take a hint and comes to sit next to me.

I pretend not to notice him, eyes glued to the page.

"Oh, that's a good book! You want a spoiler?" He exclaims.

I ignore him.

"Angelica, if you want to talk about it-"

I slap my book shut, whirling round to face him.

"What is your actual problem?! I'm really not happy today and I don't have the time or patience to be annoyed by you now or ever, so please just leave me alone!"

"I might understand."

"No! You will never understand. No ounce of regret in your body! I bet you don't even know how to be empathetic! You don't even know..."

"How do you know that? You don't know a thing about me."

"Urgh, if I talk about it, will you leave me alone?"

"Fine." He puts out his hand, for me to shake. "To seal the deal."

I snort. He withdraws his hand and imitates my look.

"Well there's this boy that's REALLY annoying me and really won't take a hint. I think his name's Amanda or  Salamander or something..."

Alexander raises his eyebrows. "Well, maybe this Amanda guy just wants to get to know you."

"Well, maybe he should rewind a couple of months and a thousand or two broken hearts. Then I'll consider it. Possibly."

"Done."

I roll my eyes. "Just because you say things doesn't mean they happen."

"But you must BELIEVE!"

I laugh. Why am I laughing?

"Okay, so I shared what was up. You can go now."

Alexander smirks. "Okay, I'll go. By the way, this Amanda guy thinks you're pretty cool."

"It's not mutual."

He grins. "Angelica, you know you can talk to me. Eliza told me about your mum. I've been through similar things, so I would understand."

I'm surprised. Maybe he really does want to get to know me. But how can I after how he hurt Eliza. I can still remember her tear-stained face clearly. In the end though, I did that to her, not Alexander.

"One more thing. Why did this Amanda guy cheat on my sister."

"You know, you're actually fun to talk to when you're not horrible. Also, you can call me Alex."

"Well, will you answer my question Alex?"

He thinks for a moment. "You strike me as a person who has never been satisfied. You're like me. I'm never satisfied. I thought I had something with Eliza, but it was an empty relationship. So there you go."

He waves and walks away.

I just had a conversation I didn't mind with Alexander Hamilton. The sister-player. Wow, I'm such a terrible sister.