We talk

I know my sister like I know my own mind. You'll never find anyone as trusting or as kind. Eliza's the sensitive type. I love her to the moon and back. So that is why she can never know what I saw at the party. I can't break her heart. If anyone's gonna break her heart, it'll be Alexander. And I'll proceed to break his nose.

It's agony watching Eliza head-over-heels in love with him. She deserves someone better. Much better. But what can I do? It's her life, and her mistake. Honestly, I can't remember much from the party. It was a few days ago and I drank a lot of "apple juice." But I saw Alexander making out with that girl Maria. That's what matters. That's what hurts to see.

**Time skip**

I push open the door gently. No one is here. It's like a ghost-school. Empty. I look around the school grounds and see three people sitting on a brick wall. I walk over. "Hey, John! Herc!"

Hercules looks around and sees me. "Yo!"

I settle down next to them. John remains silent. "So..." I say. "What are you guys doing out here? I just got back from a detention."

Herc grins. "Ooh... Angelica! Bad girl!"

I roll my eyes. "Well there was this really easy maths test and I finished it in like three minutes. So I started to read. And then the teacher was like-"

"You found that easy?!" John blurts. The first thing he's said.

"Yeah..." I say casually. His face is not casual.

"Angelica. Lend me some smartness please."

I laugh. Hercules looks bemused.

"SHUT UP!" John yells stroppily at him. Herc raises his hands in protest. 

"I didn't even..."

John pulls out a sketchpad and starts to draw angry clouds. Not in the best mood, I see.

"John was just telling me about how he did in the maths test."

I smile. "It can't be that bad."

" Two out of fifty."

Oh shit. That's not great...

"Well, John... Maybe maths just isn't your forte. I mean, I suck at art and you obviously don't."

John seems to feel a bit better now that I've said that. "I REALLY suck at maths though. Two out of fifty is two more than what I got in the last test."

"Then how are you in the top set?" I exclaim, puzzled.

John looks embarrassed. "Well, usually Alexander bothers to turn up to tests..."

"Alexander's in the top set?"

"Yeah. But he skives a LOT. He's great at maths so he helps me. And we have a deal. I copy his maths answers and do all his art homework. Alexander is truly CRAP at art!"

Hercules and John nod in agreement.

I notice the time. "Shit! Guys I need to get back home!" I grab my bag and throw it over my shoulder. "P.S, Alexander's a dick and Herc, if you break my sister's heart... I will find you and I will kill you."

And then I leave.