A conversation in the corridor

I have no idea where I am. This new school is huge, and it seems like the corridors and stairs lead round and round in an endless loop. I am now half an hour late to history class. And this map is so confusing... I hear steps behind me and turn around. It's Alexander Hamilton.
Literally.... I don't need snobby boy getting in my hair right now, or ever.
"What are you doing here, Angelica Schuyler?"
"I'd say the same about you!"
"Can't be bothered with art."
Peggy would definitely disagree. She's really artsy. Like the artsy theatre kid.
"It can't be that bad."
He gives me a yeah right kind of look. "Surprisingly, writing an essay about a spot of paint on a piece of paper is not entertaining."
For a moment, I want to laugh, but I need to keep up this attitude with him or I might accidentally grow to like the sister-teaser. I can't believe it, but I'm actually having a civilised conversation with this guy.
I say, "How do you find your way around this place?"
"C'mon it's easy to find your way around. You must be stupid to get this lost."
"Shut up Hamilton. You sure found your way easily into my sister's mouth!"
And yes, I have been waiting about seventeen hours to say that line.
"How did you know that?" Alexander cocks his head, seemingly not embarrassed at all.
"Well, I'm not blind."
"Then why are you holding that map upside down." He says, with his trademark smirk back to haunt me.
That explains a lot... I've never really been good at directions. (That's a serious understatement)
I turn the map around and realise where I'm going. After a minute or two.
"Well thanks I guess.... for the sarcasm and also for lowering my self-esteem even more!"
"You're welcome!"
And we part ways.

When I finally make it to history, Mr Smithers is just finishing some lecture on boring stuff.
I shuffle through the door. He turns and gives me a long sigh. "Nice you could join us, forty five minutes late..."

He then restarts the lecture, but now firing the cannons at me, about "good behaviour" and how he's "disappointed."
And when I finally sink down into my seat, the bell rings...