~Chapter 27: Loss

Third Person POV
It had been approximately 29 days since Karta's first child was born safely, and Reese passed out due to a hemorrhage. Vimen had worked quickly to remove the second baby from Karta's womb and messily stitching him up as Haidel helped Reese with the deliver of his Quads. Unfortunately, two of the Quads were cut off from oxygen for too long. Vimen was narrowly able to save one but the 4th baby sadly succumbed and passed on to the goddess. Deciding to call the time for the death of his own child was perhaps one of the hardest things he would ever have to do. It had taken both Reese and Karta 3 days to recover enough to wake up and learn of the tragedy. While Karta was relieved for the safety of the rest he couldn't help but feel the death of the fourth baby was his responsibility. Reese sobbed when he first learned one of his babies passed away but refused to let Karta take the blame, and for once Vimen didn't blame Karta.
After they were sure the children that were born were safe they named them.
Reese and Vimen's
The first:
Melody
The second:
Elevar
The third:
Salsa
And finally the fourth angel baby:
Destine
and though there were only 3 now, the quads would be connected through spirit forever.
and finally Karta and Haidel's twins.
Delta and Ellorie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiii, sorry it's so short but it's on purpose because a long concluding chapter is coming. Thank you for reading, I have ideas for a sequel but I would love to hear who's storyline you're most interested in hearing!
~Onyxicea💗