~Chapter 10: Attack of the Snacks

Reese's POV
You know when there's a television series or movie and the main character is oblivious to something and you're shouting at the television because it's obvious? Well that's pretty much how I feel now. My entire life I never expected to be the center of anyone's attention. I was the youngest of 14 children after all. I expected to grow up ordinary, marry an ordinary woman, and live and die an ordinary adult life. That's all one can hope right ? I guess you always want for more; a promotion, Prince Charming, or the perfect wedding. All I ever wanted was to be ordinary, but I find myself here sitting outside my childhood home figuring out how to explain properly that their son has become a demon and not only that, the vampire mate they thought I had was a fake and my real mate is a demon. I gulped and leaned against the window, "How long have you known? That I was your mate".
Vimen visually relaxed when I asked, he must have expected me to scream at him, "Since I met you".
I nodded, it would make sense why he was so kind and why being near him comforted me.
I looked over to the car's side mirror and scoffed, "but what can you do? As long as you're not a conman I say we give this whole mate thing a try."
"I'm glad you're not too upset...I wanted to tell you earlier but with all the stress and physical changes you were going through I was worried how you might react." He said as his grip unhinged itself from the steering wheel.
"I'm still....unsure of how all of this will go but I'm glad it's you and not that Karta guy".
He smiled and turned off the car, "Shall we greet your family?"
Ugh....I almost forgot about that, "Y-Yea everyone should be home since it's family night". I grabbed the seat belt and unbuckled it as I shuffled out the door. The cold air danced across my skin as I took a deep breath and relaxed myself. They're my family ; how bad could they really react.
We walked up to the door and I stayed behind Vimen as if he could protect me from all of the horrible questions we were about to be flocked with. All I could think of right then was how glad I was I hid my tail because I did not need my little nephews and nieces grabbing at it.
"Ready?" Vimen asked softly as if not to shock me out of the current thought process.
"As ready as I'll ever be" I responded as he knocked on the door. A few moments passed before I heard footsteps rummaging through the hall and to the door, the door clicked open to my big sister Kiwi, "Reese! I've been so worried !" She said as he jumped at me and took me into a hug.
"Kiwi I'm glad to see you" I chuckled as I hugged her back.
She nodded, "well come in mom is serving dinner already".
Vimen grabbed my hand and led me inside. He followed Kiwi to the dining room area where all of my siblings and their mates were, and as I predicted they all stared at us. I cleared my throat and begun the introductions, "Guys this is my mate Vimen".
Then instead of staring at us they all switched their eyes solely to Vimen.
"Vimen these are my siblings" I thought for a moment to introduce them but then they introduced themselves.
Starting with the oldest,
"I'm Kiwi"
"I'm Rita"
"I'm Cara...short for Caramel"
"I'm Ritz"
"Cola here!"
" Linguine"
"Tea but call me Tay"
"I'm Saffron"
"Nori"
"Ambrosia"
"Olive"
"Ruth"
"Twix"
By time we were done Vimen was bent over holding his stomach with bellowing laughter, "Y-You're all f-foods!" He shouted.
All of us sighed simultaneously, this shall be an interesting night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now we know all of the siblings' names! Aren't they cute and interesting but funny too. :)
I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll be back with another one before the week ends. Have a great day and thanks for reading!
~❤️Onyxicea