~Chapter 16: Karma's Moral Compass

Third Person POV
There was yelling, that's all Karta could make out at first. Then he started to hear the beeping of the monitors and his heart beating loudly in his ears. As voices phase in and out he hears familiar voices shouting and then unfamiliar voices shouting back.
"You're such a fucking idiot Haidel!" A female voice yelled.
"How am I an idiot? I would've been miserable with a vampire as a mate so I changed him" the voice he recognized as his kidnapper and attacker from earlier.
"You can't just change people without their consent you selfish prick!" The female voice followed again.
"I can do whatever I want Rielle! I'm the Alpha!" The man now known as Haidel screamed back.
"Oh god" Karta thought to himself, "of course he was a fucking alpha". He twisted and felt immediate pain shoot through his body coming from its origin on his shoulder.
"And what's wrong with me being an alpha?" He heard Haidel boom in front of him suddenly as his eyes shot open. He cursed to himself, he forgot that he marked him causing both of them to be able to read thoughts.
"No self control" Karta coughed out as he looked at his mangled shoulder. Inciting a growl from Haidel. "Of course I got the feral dog, geez you're supposed to love your mate not tear them in two" Karta spat out.
Haidel didn't like his tone and growled deeper, "Like you can talk; aren't you the one who was banished from his coven because of mate trafficking" Karta wasn't surprised he knew; even a dog could use google. Instead of treading on that subject he changed it, "my wounds aren't healing; I assume that's because of your damn injection" Karta blurted out.
"Yes because my brother is an idiot" the feminine voice from earlier said as she came to Karta's bedside. She was beautiful and she looked a lot like Haidel . Sun Blonde hair and golden eyes as well. She wore a white lab coat over a tight black dress and blood red heels. Karta assumed she was a doctor "Your healing will be at the pace of a human's from now on because my selfish brother". She announced.
"Shut up Rielle" Haidel grumbled.
Karta frowned, so he had to wait for his neck AND his damn arm to heal. So far this "mate" shit was all a pain in the ass.
"I also have to warn you, since my brother"-she stopped to glare at Haidel- "couldn't control himself and marked you, your heat will come soon. Seeing as you've never been marked or through it before I recommend you stay here for an extra day so I can teach you everything" she said with a gentle understanding smile. Karta sighed again, "anything to keep me away from this crazy fucker" he knew he was a carrier for a while but no one ever found out until now. "Good job Haidel,"-she paused- "your mate hates you".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiiii! We learn today that Karta was actually a carrier 0_0. What do you think of Karta's situation so far? Any questions or ideas? Let me know! Thanks for reading. :)
~❤️Onyxicea