~Chapter 12: That Escalated Quickly

Third Person POV
"Reese!" Vimen yelled as he caught his falling mate. He examined the limp figure of his mate and sighed, "Velleah it's time isn't it?" He said in a calm voice but inside he was panicking.
"To be honest I'm surprised he survived this long; I guess being overwhelmed didn't help" she inquired to her brother. Vimen picked up his mate and laid him on the couch, "I guess nature waits for no one" he cursed to himself and stormed to the kitchen.
Petri sat there with a knowing look and grabbed Vimen's arm; "I know this is hard for you, but think about what Teseva would say."
Vimen slapped Petri's hand away, "Don't you dare talk about her right now!" He roared as his eyes started to turn from their normal gold to a harsh red.
Petri raised his hands in surrender, "I know it's hard Vi ; she was my sister but she would be happy you had a chance at a second chance mate" he said calmly.
Vimen punched the cabinet ; his hand going straight through.
"Ah man I just got those redone man" Petri commented.
Vimen breathed to himself and brought his hand to his chest. "I'm not ready but nature isn't waiting for me to be ready." He shook his head and left back into the living room, "I either claim Reese now or he suffers for my own negligence". He scoffed to himself, isn't life a bitch he thought as he took his mate into his arms.
"Whatever you hear, don't disturb us" he looked as his sister nodded. He carefully carried Reese to his bedroom and laid him down on the mattress. He locked the door and leaned over his unconscious mate.
"I'm sorry ; I'll make everything better" he whispered as he moved his mate's beautiful pale red hair from his porcelain skin. He traced his fingers along his collarbone and sighed. This is wear his mark would lie when this was all finished. He thought back to his first mate, Teseva...her and Reese were so different yet so similar. He pondered as he thought, would he endanger this one as well? Would this one's heart stop by his own hand as well? He couldn't know.
Vimen breathed in and brought his mate closer to him, "I, Vimen Sain accept you, Reese Odona as my mate" he murmured quietly as to not wake the sleeping succubus. He leaned in and as his fangs protruded he bit into Reese's skin; right where the neck meets the collarbone. He felt as Reese Spasmed beneath him; instantly waking Reese.
When Reese finally calmed down he released his clenched jaw and removed himself from her neck.
He examined Reese's face and form; shock was etched on his face, but his form didn't show any fear and for that Vimen was glad.
"It seems that we can't escape our fate any longer"
Reese looked up at Vimen and stuttered out, "w-w-what's that m-mean".
Vimen kisses Reese passionately and smirked, "we have to have sex".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ooooooh what do you think ? What do you think what will happen? Let me know and expect another update this week!
~❤️Onyxicea