~Chapter 21: Birth Of A Miracle

From the end of time, there has been some species that just don't mix. Werecats and Werewolves, Mermaids and Seraphs, Elves and Vampires, and many more. No one knows why, something about genetic codes being incompatible. There had been several pregnancies but most have been miscarried, no matter a woman carrier or a male carrier. At the turn of the century, 2100 a Purebred Vampire Michele Romanov fell in love with an elf. Desperate to start a family he tried constantly. All pregnancies ending before the 12th week. With his wife and him Miserable he decided to go to the extreme. While his wife was pregnant with their 18th child he injected a mixture of his blood, his wife's blood into the child's heart through the amniotic Sac for weeks until the baby made it pass the 12th week. He made medical history, but his wife was deteriorating as the months went by. When the 5th month of the pregnancy hit; her heart stopped. Desperate to keep her alive he turned her. But her body was unstable and she was forced to deliver. Surprisingly, the child presented as neither Elf or Vampire. But as a human. His mother later died of Sepsis.

Devastated Michele gave him to a human he was fond of so he could keep tabs on him. Unable to bring himself to keep him. Years after that dreadful day he got a call from the very human he trusted his son to. Apparently the child was sick.
He made his way to the house and saw his son hooked up to machines and wires, unconscious and incubated.
"What's wrong with him?" He asked his caretaker.
The woman sniffled as she wiped her eyes. "Multiple heart deformities. He has two hearts and both are in bad condition." Michele sighed and loosened his tie, he couldn't very well let his son die, the only living proof of his and his wife's love. He sat down on the bed and looked at his friend, "Vivienna, I'll be taking him with me." He pulled out the tube from his son's mouth and removed the IVs. He slit his wrists and sighed, "please let this work" he murmured as he let his blood pour into his mouth. Making sure he swallowed it he waited until his heart stopped. Michele breathed deeply, his heart was stopped for 20 minutes and was showing no signs of restarting. He looked at his son and felt nostalgia. He looked so much like her. Just then he opened his eyes to reveal his Midnight blue eyes that mimicked her's perfectly.
Relief flushed through Michele and he straightened his back. "What's your name boy?" Confused the boy looked around and back at him, "Karta".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading!
~❤️Onyxicea