~Chapter 23: Hidden

Third Person POV
The sky was an eerie grey color, the smell of rain still thick in the air. It was the 30th day of the Elven War. The usually peaceful race outraged by the revelation of what really happened to their beloved princess. They were after Duke Michele Romanov's head.

Haidel and his pack were forced to participate after it became known that the King of the Elves wanted Karta and for the Safety of Karta, Haidel sent him with a peace treaty to Vimen and Reese's coven of Incubi. 
So continues the story of Reese and Karta, now both pregnant.
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Karta's POV
"I don't know how many times you want me to apologize !" I yelled across the room to the annoying person known as Reese.
"Until you're actually sorry!" He yelled back.
I sighed, "I did what I did to survive"
"That doesn't excuse it" he mumbled under his breath.
I stood up and plopped down on the chair adjacent to the couch he was sitting at and sighed, "Tell me why I have to defend myself to you ? You have a perfect mate and you have a perfect family who would do anything for you, not only do I have no idea what kind of person my father really is. My mother is dead and if being rejected by my first mate wasn't bad enough I'm mated to Doggy McMoron the Third!" I yelled at him before I comprehended what I was saying. Before he said anything I scoffed and charged into the guest room .
It took me a few seconds to calm down and realize Haidel was staring at me worried. I sighed and sat on the purple velvet lounge chair towards the window I've come to love. There was a few moments of peaceful silence before a knock on the door disturbed it.
"What?" I asked through the door and Reese answered back, "sorry I didn't know any of that stuff about your family and your first mate" he said opening the door to show his face twisted with guilt.
Haidel spoke up next, "you had a mate before me? And he rejected you?"
I sighed, "it's in the past and the guy died anyway in a freak accident; he got hit by a bus fleeing from me in terror".
Reese visually stiffened and I raised an eyebrow, "you alright ?" I asked not very concerned but just general courtesy.
"Ah yea" he shook his head and rubbed his neck, "it's just one of my brothers died the same way"
"Crappy way to go" Haidel chimed in and yawned. I looked at the time and cleared my throat, "guess it's time for bed"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry it took so long to update but I'll be updating faster now that more ideas are coming to me! Also expect a new story of mine to come out soon! I hope you like it and this filler chapter.

~❤️Onyxicea