Timber (AU)

By: ProphecyGirl
Clarke was slumped down in the back of the Lyft, staring at her phone screen with the faint scent of peppermint schnapps already on her breath. Several rainbow streamers speckled with glitter dangled from her hair and framed her stormy face.

Raven tugged the light-up glasses she was wearing down her nose just enough to look at Clarke over the tops of them.

"Come on, Clarke. It's New Year's Eve! Don't let that asshole ruin it for you."

Clarke snorted, locking her phone and laying it in her lap. "How am I supposed to do that, Raven?"

Raven took a lollipop from the mini snack bar the driver had set up, then seemed to reconsider and grabbed three more, stuffing them in her pocket. She opened the first one, stuffing it in her mouth and talking around it.

"I dunno. Same way I did, reminding yourself every five minutes that he's an asshole until you're over him?"

Clarke sighed, rubbing her face as her phone pinged again. "I feel like an idiot. Like, I should've seen this coming, considering how we.."

Raven reached over and rubbed her back comfortingly, her voice sympathetic. "So, we both fucked the same idiot and got fucked over in return. You know what that means?"

"What?" Clarke glanced up at her, trying to resist the urge to check her phone again.

Raven took the lollipop and pushed it into Clarke's mouth, patting her back gently as she gasped in surprise. "It means we're on the prowl tonight. We're gonna get laid if it kills me."

Clarke rolled her eyes. "Yeah, cause there's nothing that turns me on more than my boyfriend texting dick picks to other girls. Again." She picked up her phone to check the three texts Finn had sent to her just since locking her phone, and Raven struck quickly, taking it from her.

"Raven, come on.." Clarke whined, taking the lollipop out of her mouth but holding onto it. "I'm not gonna text him back this time.."

"I know," Raven said firmly, putting the phone in her own pocket as the Lyft turned onto the remote Trigeda Drive. She grabbed the other pair of light-up glasses and handed them to her. Clarke sighed heavily and put them on, giving Raven a dry look as the car slowed. "Trust me, I'm doing you a favor. Tomorrow, when you don't wake up in Finn's bed after a very poor, alcohol-induced decision to forgive him again, you'll thank me."

Clarke huffed a little as they began climbing out of the car, and thanked the driver. "I'm not taking him back this time, Rae. Seriously."

"Good, then you don't need your phone anyway. All of your people are right here," Raven replied, pointing at the modest house they stood in front of. The squat, wooden building was only slightly more than a cabin, but it was lit up with a myriad of flashing colors and the bass of the music was pounding. A bonfire was already burning in the front yard, and a bunch of people were clustered around it, trying to stay warm in the frozen evening.

Clarke glanced around as they made their way to the front door and smiled lightly despite herself. "I thought Octavia was crazy for moving out here with him, but I can definitely see the appeal of living in the middle of nowhere."