Come Hither (AU)

By: AvaRosier
Contrary to what others might expect of her, Lexa likes wearing heels. She enjoys the staccato sound that announces her unhurried stride. Given how particular she is in her line of work, she relishes the thought of her employees being gripped by a wave of fear when they pick up the sound of her approach. Sure, she could be stealthy and catch them unawares...but this way was so much more fun.

There are three locations in this building dedicated as a photography studio and Lexa is headed down the hallway to the bedroom setup. She rarely supervises the shoots, but given that the spring campaign may launch her lingerie company into the hottest celebrity circles, she needs to be more hands-on than usual. Especially since she had picked this particular model out herself.

Clarke Griffin, 24, artist.

Lexa stalks through the open door and sees Maya, barefoot and standing over a curvaceous blonde on the mussed white sheets of the bed. She's busy peering down through the viewfinder of her camera, one hand scrolling for the best exposure. "Hey boss," she mutters, not bothering to look up. Lexa doesn't take it personally. She appreciates the way Maya sees the world around her as a potential work of art. The woman has a degree in art history, after all. But Lexa's attention is focused on the model. Clarke is craning her head backwards to peer up at her from under the fake eyelashes and dark mascara she'd put on.  Lexa suppresses the urge to let her mouth fall open and stare. Instead, she trains her eyes on Maya.

"Maya, you're needed in the backdrop studio. Monty has had to leave and someone needs to finish Octavia's photos. If you don't mind, I'd like to take a few shots here." This is not a lie, not exactly. Maya stops working her camera and blinks owlishly at Lexa, but she nods readily and steps down carefully from the bed.

"Sure, no problem. Take a look at the earlier shots and see what else you might want for this spread. Bye Clarke!"

Clarke waves from her spot on the bed, barely moving a fraction lest Lexa need her to remain there. "Bye, Maya. I'll be sure to check out your Instagram page!"

And then, just like that, Lexa is alone with Clarke. She's not in a hurry to examine why it pleases her so much that Clarke lies there so obediently. Lexa had meticulously checked out each potential model, looking at their behind-the-scenes videos to see how they worked with photographers. Clarke doesn't pose, that had been what drew Lexa to her. Many models, female models, had a tendency to go for certain specific expressions and poses in order to demonstrate 'sexy'. Lexa doesn't have a problem with those; it simply wasn't the aesthetic she wanted to go for.

"Hello, Clarke. My name is Lexa. I hope you don't mind if I take over the shoot for a little while?"

She sheds her gray suit jacket, leaving herself in her peach sleeveless knit top and gray slacks. Clarke shakes her head in the negative, loose curls sliding across the sheets. "Nah, I don't mind. Lexa, as in Lexa Heidlin, CEO and designer of Heda Leksa?"

"Yes." She answers simply, picking up the discarded camera. "Would you mind sitting at the window?"

Clarke rolls over onto all-fours then, crawling off the bed and padding gracefully over to the window where she takes a perch. Lexa regrets for a moment that she had not chosen photography as a profession—the opportunity to be voyeuristic is tempting. Clarke lowers herself onto the windowsill and crosses her legs, bending over slightly and regards Lexa with curious eyes. There's a slight roll to her belly and Lexa feels a deep sense of pride that she won't have it photoshopped out.

"Why did you want to start your own lingerie line?"

Lexa can't help the arch of her eyebrow as she answers Clarke. "I'm not the one who needs to answer questions during this shoot." Clarke simply gives her this little smug smile that says she doesn't care.