Faded Lexa (AU)

Lexa got back to Abby's home in Arkadia just around five in the evening, fresh from her run. The summer sun was hardly settling into the horizon, promising a long and relatively warm evening. She'd enjoyed the run more than she'd imagined. There was something about coming back to her hometown, after making it big in the college football league.
People had always recognized her as the daughter of Anastasia and Alexander Woods, the heir to their company, and nothing more.
And now, she was Alexandria Anastasia Woods, star quarterback of the Polis Panthers, bound for the NFL.
People waved.
Lexa had enjoyed it, reveling in the fruits of her success.
She'd grinned all the way back to Abby's home, where she and Clarke had been staying for their summer visit.
Lexa was barely in past the door, earbuds in, playing a playlist that Clarke had hand picked for her on her phone, when she felt herself tugged forward.
"Hi, gorgeous." The soft purr of none other than her girlfriend had Lexa grinning even harder.
Clarke took a moment to drink Lexa in: She was beautiful, in her running shorts and sports bra, hair in a regal ponytail, phone in a band around a toned bicep.
"Hi." Lexa murmured, unfazed when Clarke leaned in for a kiss.
"You're sweaty." Clarke commented, and when Lexa moved to pull away, she tugged her closer. "Not a complaint." Clarke trailed her finger along Lexa's arm, squeezing at the hardened muscle beneath her tattoo.
Lexa sucked in a breath.
"Your mom." She wheezed, carefully undoing her phone band, setting it aside.
"Not home." Clarke smirked. "Remember? Date night with Kane."
"Ah." Lexa nodded. "So...a date night of our own, Griffin?" She played it cool, winking.
Clarke laughed. "Oh, baby, sorry to disappoint, but you know the rules- in Arkadia, when the parents are gone, we party."
Lexa made a cute pouty face. "Party?" She tried. "As in, you and I, a bottle of-"
Clarke grinned, kissing her mid sentence. "You'd like that, wouldn't you? A quiet night in, maybe a dip in the pool...leave our bikinis inside the house..."
Lexa almost drooled, nodding along with each addition to the already perfect fantasy.
But that's what it was.
A fantasy.
"Aw, baby." Clarke pressed a kiss to the apple of her cheek. "The Delinquents are coming. And your kru. It's a party. Like, an actual party."
Lexa's jaw dropped. "Clarke." She whined.
"I know." Clarke put her hands up in a "don't blame me" gesture. "You think I planned this?"
"Didn't you?"
"I'm abiding an age old tradition, Lex. Parents are gone, time to party." Clarke repeated, trailing her fingers over Lexa's lips. "But I do have special plans for you."
"You do?" Lexa echoed, as Clarke's fingers danced along her exposed abs.
"Mhmm." Clarke smirked, allowing Lexa to pull her in for another kiss. "But that's for later tonight."
Lexa froze, and Clarke fought a laugh.
"Is there...anything that involves some...immediate attention?" Lexa begged, her fingers dancing along the hem of Clarke's shirt.
"Aww, is my superstar feeling needy?" Clarke cooed teasingly, stepping backwards, Lexa moving forward with her.
Lexa didn't answer, her eyes darkened, and Clarke felt a shot of electric heat down to her core.
"I can take care of you in the shower..." Clarke offered, glancing at the clock. "If you're quick."
Lexa grinned, and practically darted to the bathroom, Clarke laughing as she followed.
-0-
"Lex!" Clarke admonished, striding into the bathroom, wearing jeans and a Polis U hoodie, her hair wet around her shoulders.
Lexa was applying some cream to her face in the mirror, still wrapped in a towel.
"I hear voices downstairs, Clarke." She remarked calmly.
"Yeah, that's cause everyone's here." Clarke rolled her eyes. "They let themselves in and already set up shop in the yard. What's taking you so long?"
"It's date night, isn't it?" Lexa turned. "I want to look nice."
Clarke's expression softened as she wrapped her arms around Lexa from behind, kissing her shoulders. "You always look nice." Clarke gushed. "Lex, you're the sexiest person I've ever seen."
Lexa smirked, but her blush belied it.
"What should I wear?" She asked curiously.
"Jeans. Hoodie. Or nothing." Clarke grinned, sliding her hands down to squeeze at Lexa's ass.
"Oh no, you lost your chance." Lexa huffed. "I was going to pleasure you alllll night long, but now-"
"Oh, shut up." Clarke groaned. "Don't make this a struggle."
Lexa smiled, turning to cup Clarke's face in her hands.
"I love you." She whispered with conviction, pulling Clarke into a kiss.
Clarke groaned, immediately leaning in, all thoughts out the window.
Lexa leaned back, dropping her towel, guiding Clarke's fingers to graze her abs, Clarke's jaw gone slack.
"You want these?" Lexa teased.
Clarke nodded.
"Too bad." Lexa grinned. "Later tonight, if I recall correctly."
Clarke glared. "Alexandria Woods, you're still the same ass since the day we met."
Lexa's grin only grew. "But now I'm in love."
Clarke softened just a touch. "Yeah. So am I."
-0-
"Well look who made it!" Lincoln and Anya cheered as Lexa made her appearance out into the Griffin's yard, where everyone was busy either drinking, or hanging around the firepit.
She was pulled into a crushing hug by Lincoln, and then surprisingly, by Anya.
She smiled through it all, delighted to be with her friends again.
At some point, Clarke had sauntered over, putting a beer in Lincoln's hand, then Anya's, and then finally turning to Lexa with the final can.
Leaning up on her tiptoes, she kissed Lexa's jawline.
"I'm gonna keep the others busy so you guys have your time to talk shit about the rest of us." Clarke teased, pressing the beer into her girlfriend's hand.
Lexa feigned a gasp. "Me? Never."
Clarke rolled her eyes. "I know we're rowdy and your kru can't handle it sometimes-"
"Hey, hey!" Lincoln protested. "I think we assimilated pretty nicely."
Clarke smiled, putting up her hands in defeat. "You did. Whatever the case, I'm buying you these ten minutes or so of free time. Use them wisely, kru."
Anya smirked. "What a keeper, Woods."
Clarke laughed, turning back to Lexa, leaning back up to give her a peck on the lips.
"And then, you're all mine, tonight." Clarke whispered, and Lexa grinned, leaning down to chase her lips.
"Yes ma'am."
"Love you."
"Love you more."
And with that, Clarke was gone, off to where Bellamy and Octavia were arguing with Raven and Monty about the effects of rocket fuel mixed with Monty's moonshine.
Truly, the apex of educated conversation.
When Lexa looked back, Anya and Lincoln were smirking, ready to hound her.
"Whipped." Anya drawled, leaning back against the wall.
Lexa snorted. "You drove two towns over for Raven's favorite flower last week."
Anya reddened, and Lincoln grinned. "I think it's nice." He offered. "We're all dating great people, we're all serious, and we all stayed in the same little group."
"Here comes Lincoln with the sappy news." Anya smirked, elbowing Lexa, who grinned.
"He's right. Whipped, but right." Lexa offered, putting an arm around his shoulder.
"Speaking of being whipped, I heard you're running a newscast back at uni." Anya elbowed Lincoln. "I figured if any of us would be in the limelight, it's heda over here."
Lincoln waved her off. "They just wanted me as an anchor because the usual guy drank too hard at a frat party and needed a semester off."
Lexa looked thoughtful. "Well, you've always been the charming one."
"...Coming from you?"
"I said charming, not panty-dropper." Lexa huffed with a smirk. "I think you'd make a great late-night show host. I'll even be your guest star."
Lincoln grinned at her, and Anya rolled her eyes.
"I'd tell you to get your heads out of the clouds, but it'd seem they're shoved up your own asses." She remarked.
"An, don't be like that." Lincoln put an arm around her, and Lexa mirrored him on her other side, leaning her head against Anya's.
"You could do anything you wanted." Lexa agreed, taking a swig of her beer.
"Then why is it so damn hard to realize what it is that I want to do?" Anya sighed.
"You're good at a lot of things." Lincoln suggested. "Try chasing one of those."
"Nah." Lexa waved him off. "That's no way to figure it out. You know what you need to do?"
"What?" Anya replied.
"You need to clear your mind, just lay your head down. When you close your eyes at night, there'll be a dream there. Not the sleeping kind- the longing kind. The one that makes you smile when you dwell on it, and your chest ache when you realize you haven't attained it yet. You may not know it, but it's there. That's your life dream. You chase it. No matter how absurd."
Anya took a breath, visibly contemplating Lexa's words.
"You..." She began, and Lexa listened intently. "You...sound like am edgy tumblr poet with a crush." Anya snorted.
Lexa rolled her eyes, instead turning and pressing a kiss to Anya's cheek.
"I'm right." She nudged her.
"Problem is, Anya's head is always buzzing, she can't get two minutes to figure herself out. Not to mention Raven is always setting shit on fire."
Anya laughed after a sip of beer. "...yeah." She agreed quietly.
"Drink until you clear your mind?" Lincoln suggested, and Lexa made a face. She came from a stricter background, when it came to her body and mind. Meditation was a far better choice. But she said nothing.
"Linc, I don't know about you, but when I drink, the last thing I think about is my fucking college major." Anya grinned.
"Come on, we should join the delinquents before it gets too fun without us." Lexa smiled, her arms still around them as they circled back to the party.
-0-
Music louder than her own thoughts, drinks aplenty, and a hot girl to rest her gaze on.
This was Clarke Griffin's natural habitat.
She was always able to let go of all the little doubts, the worries that infested her mind after the accident, and her scar. Confidence no longer shaken, surrounded by people she loved and trusted, Clarke was having a great time.
Oh, yeah.
And beer pong.
Her and Raven against the Blake siblings.
Just like the good old days.
"No way!" Bellamy folded his arms over his chest, shaking his head petulantly. He and Octavia had managed to knock out all but two cups, while Raven and Clarke had one remaining.
And it was Clarke's shot.
"My money's on Clarke." Murphy announced as Lexa approached. "What about you?"
Lexa smiled, winking at her girlfriend. "I believe in Clarke." She agreed.
Raven was dramatically massaging Clarke's shoulders like Clarke was a boxer and she was her manager before the big match.
"You can do this, Griffin." Raven wasn't completely sober, but she wasn't drunk yet, either.
Clarke's favorite version of Raven, quite honestly.
"Be the ball. Be the ball." Raven whispered in her ear, hyping her up.
"It's...so far." Clarke licked her lips, eyes narrowing on the cup. "I need incentive."
"Incentive? I got you." Raven turned. "Woods! Take your shirt off or something!"
Lexa rolled her eyes amusedly, coming over to Clarke.
"Did you have fun with your kru?" Clarke drawled, adorable in her tipsy state.
"Mhmm." Lexa hummed. "Are you having fun?"
"Yeah." Clarke nodded. "Let me just win this." She smirked, and Lexa's eyes glimmered with amusement.
"You gonna hustle them, Griffin?" Lexa murmured.
"Yeah baby." Clarke grinned, turning to the Blakes, who were waiting impatiently.
"Bell, O! Wanna see a trick shot?"
Raven wore a look of horror, while Bellamy and Octavia grinned.
"Do it!" They cheered, wanting their chance to win.
"Clarke, no." Raven pleaded. "Think of me! Think of the children!"
"What children?" Clarke snorted.
"...Just don't- oh, no no no..." Raven buried her head in her hands as Clarke turned away from the table, tugging Lexa to her by her collar.
"Woods?"
"Yes ma'am."
"Indulge me."
Lexa smiled and stepped forward, to everyone's confusion, pulling Clarke to her as they kissed, somehow reminiscent of their first kiss at Octavia's new years party.
Jeers and groans filled the yard, until they stopped.
Clarke's hand raised, while she never ceased kissing Lexa, and tossed the little white ball over her head.
It was like slow motion.
The gasps, the Blake's disbelieving faces, Raven peeking from between her fingers.
The plunk of the ball dropping into the beer.
Clarke's smug expression as Lexa muttered "Bullseye" against her lips.
Clarke leaned back.
"Thank you." She grinned, bowing as they clapped for her, and then moved to put her arm around Lexa's waist, craving her closeness.
"Fuck yeah!" Raven grinned. "Oh my god, I don't know what the fuck just happened, but-"
"I liked Bell's face when it went in." Murphy smirked.
"Did you...hear the way you said that...or...." Raven drawled.
Murphy shrugged. "What, you want me to add a no homo at the end?"
Lexa rolled her eyes at their antics, beaming with pride for Clarke. She loved when Clarke would let loose and just enjoy.
"Guys! It's ready." Monty and Jasper called from where they sat by the firepit.
"What's ready?" Lexa questioned adorably, tilting her head to the side like a curious puppy.
"Ugh, you're cute." Clarke grinned, pinching her cheeks.
Lexa pouted, and Clarke released her, still pressed up against her.
"The kush."
Lexa looked at her with a blank expression.
"The grass."
...Still blank.
"The bowl."
....nope.
"You know...the devil's lettuce."
Okay, now Clarke was just fucking with her.
"Pot. Weed. Marijuana." Clarke elbowed her.
Lexa wore an expression that said "Oh."
Clarke grinned. "And you're off season, so..."
Lexa froze. "Me?" She blinked.
"Yeah! You don't have to. But I think you'd like it." Clarke offered.
Lexa looked so adorably confused, and Clarke cupped her cheeks, swiping at her bottom lip.
Lexa leaned in, clearly interested, from the odd way she was behaving.
"What...uh....what does it do?" She asked carefully. "I mean, aside from making your eyes all...bloodshot."
Clarke grinned.
Her naive baby.
"Well, it depends on the type-"
"There are types?" Lexa gasped.
"Oh yeah. Monty and Jas have a nice balance, so it's like the best of both worlds. It's a hybrid."
"...Which means?" Lexa looked tentative.
"So basically you're going to feel...enlightened." Clarke grinned. "You're going to laugh...a lot. At nothing. You're going to think every thought you have is the most genius thing in the world. And my personal favorite side effect, you're going to be horny as hell, Woods."
"What?" Lexa balked, blushing suddenly. "Like-"
"More than drinking. Wayyyyyy more." Clarke nodded knowingly. "Everything feels ....better. You'll see."
"So...wait a minute." Lexa blinked. "What do you do-"
"I jump your bones and you go along with it every time." Clarke informed her, and Lexa's eyes widened.
"And before me-"
"Lex!" Clarke smacked her on the shoulder teasingly. "That's what you're worried about?"
Lexa smiled sheepishly.
"Do the math, Airbud. You were my first, but I still knew of you-"
"No!" Lexa grinned, a smug little shit at the sudden revelation.
"Don't make this a big deal-"
"My ego is tickled." Lexa announced, eyes shimmering with amusement and attraction.
"I'll get you back." Clarke grumbled. "Now that I've told you every embarrassing detail, please join me."
"I can't believe you're using sex to get me to try this." Lexa teased.
"I can't believe it's working." Clarke grinned, lacing their fingers together. She brought Lexa's hand up to kiss it. "You know I want you to have fun, right? You don't need to be nervous."
Lexa smiled, heart thumping in her chest. "I know. I love you."
"I love you." Clarke kissed her knuckles once more before leading her over to where they'd all gathered.
Monty and Jasper sat in the center of the group, holding everyone's attention.
Clarke sat, pulling Lexa onto her lap, glancing up to see her girlfriend's wide eyes at the sight of the large glass monstrosity before her.
"That's a bong."
"I know what it is, Clarke."
"Why are you looking at it like it's one of the Queen siblings?"
"It..I...that can't be sanitary." Lexa grimaced.
Clarke rolled her eyes. "You're so spoiled." She mumbled, kissing Lexa's shoulder.
"Okay, kids." Monty clapped his hands together. "Jas and I have perfected this hybrid but...no name yet. It's top shelf."
"Who gets first honors?" Bellamy grinned, leaning back comfortably.
He and Clarke would always go head to head on stupid little challenges, but tonight, her priority was Lexa.
Clarke could feel her mighty Commander tensing in her grip, so she didn't volunteer her, as originally planned.
"I'll go." Anya grunted.
Raven's brows shot skyward. "You what?!" She gasped.
"Don't make a scene." Anya blushed.
"Do my ears deceive me, or are the three musketeers...down to have fun?" Bellamy remarked, glancing at Lincoln, Anya, and Lexa respectively.
"Season's over." Lincoln smiled, good natured as always. "I like new experiences."
Anya shrugged. "I just want this to be over with."
"And you, Woods?" Murphy challenged. "Will you be joining us?"
Everyone awaited her answer, clearly intrigued by the turn of events.
"...Yes." Lexa sighed, to a round of cheers.
"Someone get my phone, this needs to be recorded-" Raven was cut off by Clarke.
"No." Clarke ground out. "Everyone listening?" Even in her tipsy state, she had her wits about her. "No phones, no texting about this, no social media, and certainly no pictures, okay? We have athletes and future celebrities here, and my mom just got on twitter. So...don't ruin any careers, okay? Or no more Griffin kickbacks."
The group nodded, and Lexa visibly relaxed.
"Okay." Jasper blinked owlishly, clearly bored. "Who's up? Anya?"
Anya nodded, and he handed the bong over.
"See that hole right there? That's the carb. You put your thumb over it-"
"Just do it for her." Clarke interjected.
"Fair enough." Jasper nodded. "So, Anya, you just wanna breathe in nice and deep, okay?"
"No shit."
"Uh...right. Let's light you up."
Everyone watched in anticipation as he lit the packed bowl, a faint bubbling sound coming as Anya tentatively pressed her lips to the top, inhaling deeply.
Within about five seconds, she was coughing her lungs out, thrusting the bong back in Jasper's hands as she bent over, Raven patting her back as she wheezed.
"Is she alright?" Lexa froze.
Clarke laughed. "Yeah. It's normal."
"How is this...desirable?" Lexa grimaced once more.
"Do you trust me?" Clarke nudged her.
"Well, obviously."
"Great. Then let's do you next." Clarke wiggled her brows at the innuendo, and Lexa smiled.
"Jas, toss me the piece?" Clarke spoke up.
Jasper tossed it to her, and Clarke set about filling it with the ground up weed, packing it.
Lexa leaned forward to take a whiff, and was immediately confused. It was pungent, but not awful? It was hard to discern whether she liked it or not.
"Okay, baby. Same drill. You just...Breathe in. Slowly, alright? Not a competition." Clarke instructed, as the others became distracted with the next person lining up to the bong.
Lexa nodded, and Clarke handed it to her, holding the lighter as she brought it down, Lexa's lips touching the end of the piece.
She inhaled more than Clarke thought she could give her credit for.
The hot smoke filled her lungs, making them itch, and Lexa's eyes watered as she took it, holding it as Clarke instructed.
But, like Anya, it became too much, and she began coughing, leaning over Clarke's shoulder as she laughed.
"Easy. You're alright." Clarke grinned, rubbing her back.
"That's it!" Jasper roared suddenly.
"What?" Monty glanced up from where Octavia was ripping a bowl like it was nothing.
"Commander's Cough!" He grinned triumphantly. "That's what we'll call it!"
"Oh, that's an honor." Clarke smirked, nudging Lexa, who'd recovered, breathing slowly. "You ready for your next hit?"
Lexa groaned in response.
-0-
Lexa hadn't realized she'd been staring at the tree in the yard for hours.
She'd just glanced at it, and...fallen into a trance.
Suddenly she was thinking about the time she was seven, playing with Aden in the treehouse in their yard, and then she thought about the time she was fifteen, and she'd snuck out with her father's motorcycle.
And then-
"Hey." Clarke came to sit beside her, away from the bustle of their loud friends, on a bench in the corner of the yard.
"Clarke!" Lexa grinned when she saw her, and her smile only grew when Clarke snuck an arm around her. "How long have I been here?"
Clarke glanced at her phone. "Not even two minutes." She confirmed.
Lexa froze, eyes widening (though not by much, they were lidded), and her jaw dropped. "What?!" She gasped.
Clarke grinned. "You took your hits like five minutes ago. I went to get you water after you insisted on sitting here. You said you were going to meditate-"
Lexa already wasn't listening.
"How do you feel?" Clarke whispered, kissing her temple.
"Oh. That feels so nice." Lexa remarked, curling into Clarke.
"Lex. How do you feel?" Clarke repeated, amusedly.
"....Floaty." Lexa decided, laying on her back. She wrapped an arm around Clarke, glancing up at the stars dusting the black velvet of the sky.
"That's good. Let me know if you ever don't feel good, okay?"
"Did you?" Lexa asked, not finishing her sentence.
"A little." Clarke replied. "I'm more concerned with you, but yeah."
Lexa smiled, and even smiling felt good. It was strange. She'd never felt so...light. Happy.
It was strange, knowing the source of it all.
"What're you thinking about, pretty girl?" Clarke asked, lips pressed to her hair.
"Space." Lexa replied solemnly. "...I'm dating a star."
"You...what?" Clarke laughed, amused.
"I'm...you're a star." Lexa admitted.
"How so?"
"Well you're bright, and I look up to you, and I love you, and you're beautiful..."
Clarke grinned, pressing little kisses to her cheeks.
"You've lost your playboy charm, but somehow, it's more adorable this way."
Lexa grinned a cheeky grin, lacing her hands with Clarke.
"Marry me?"
"I will. You do this every time you're high, though." Clarke laughed.
"It's a priority."
"I'm flattered."
"You know what I love about you?" Lexa's train of thought was bouncing from one topic to the next, and Clarke was strapped in for the ride.
"What?" Clarke blushed, enamored with the girl in front of her.
"A lot of things."
"Is this about my boobs?" Clarke rolled her eyes.
Lexa looked offended. "No!" She insisted. "But those are pretty great..." She trailed off, and licked her lips.
"Focus." Clarke swatted her arm.
The two broke into peals of laughter, cackling at each other's expressions.
Sober, it would've been the weirdest scene in the world, the two of them seemingly howling with laughter at nothing.
But it didn't feel weird. Not for a second.
"My..." Clarke stumbled, trying to breathe. "Oh, god my ribs hurt."
Lexa nodded, heaving a sigh of relief as the last giggles subsided.
"What...were we...talking about?" Clarke mused, carding her fingers through Lexa's hair.
"Uh...." Lexa trailed off, tracing circles into Clarke's skin. "Oh! What I love about you."
"Not boobs." Clarke reminded.
"No. I was going to say, you're so witty!" Lexa exclaimed, and Clarke's heart thumped in her chest. As if Lexa was rediscovering all her favorite things about Clarke, all over again.
It was touching, honestly.
"Did you know that's part of why I fell in love with you?" Lexa exclaimed.
Clarke blushed, smile showing.
"I liked that you argued with me." Lexa whispered.
"Was it hot?" Clarke teased.
"Yes. But also- I wanted someone I could...banter with." Lexa drawled. "And look, I have a best friend and a girlfriend now. You're real."
Sure, her prolific speech was a bit sloppy, but it was heartfelt in all the right places.
Clarke rewarded her by kissing her cheek, snuggling closer than what seemed possible.
The two zoned out then, holding each other, staring up at the night sky.
It seemed like they were lying there like that for hours.
Clarke's thoughts were just as erratic as Lexa's, ranging from her favorite dessert, to her father, and taking a possible trip with Lexa.
No, there was no rhyme or reason, but there was a certain freedom to that. There was a freedom to not being held down to a linear sort of thought process, and suddenly, Clarke's fingers itched for paintbrushes and a canvas.
She could create worlds like this, fueled by her unchained mind.
She understood how the greatest masterpieces were made like this. Not quite inebriated, merely...released.
It was something certain people would never understand. People sort of like her mother (though she'd been coming around to the idea), would always look at it as some sort of evil intoxication of the body.
And, what, like alcohol wasn't?
It wasn't something she could see herself being obsessed with, or doing every day, but this lightness? It was something she enjoyed experiencing now and again, and she was so glad she got to share it with Lexa.
Turning, she glanced at Lexa.
Lexa.
Her beautiful, soft-yet-lethal, loving, girlfriend.
God, she was overwhelmed with emotion, now.
She was able to feel so deeply. She always felt like this about Lexa, but especially like this. She almost felt tears form in her eyes as she traced her fingers across Lexa's jaw, getting her attention.
Lexa smiled lazily at her, eyes full of adoration.