Library Fun (AU)

Lexa was seated on the second floor of the library, hidden away by dusty bookshelves lined with unused textbooks. She wasn't sure who else would use them besides her, sometimes she just liked to come up and sit in the secluded section to get some peace and quiet. But once she'd discovered that the books in the back were mostly on ancient history and philosophy it had become her secret place. Nobody else came there, well, except for one person.

"Lex? You back here?" Clarke called noisily from somewhere near the stairwell. Lexa heard the loud hissing and shushing she received from being so loud. The brunette rolled her eyes and a smile curved her lips reluctantly but didn't look up from the book she was currently engrossed in. The woman didn't seem capable of being quiet in any situation.

The muffled footfalls of Clarke's ever present worn out Chucks were the only indications Lexa had that she was heading her way. It was several moments before a blonde head peaked around a bookshelf and flashed a lopsided grin at her girlfriend.

"Hey, babe, I'm just checking up on ya."

Lexa glanced up from the book on the table. "Hey, did you finish studying?"

Clarke nodded and moved to sit in the vacant seat opposite the brunette. She noticed that everything was packed away and whatever book she was in the process of reading was over halfway completed. "What are you reading?"

"The Moral Sayings of Publius Syrus. It's really good, about an ancient Syrian slave. Very interesting," Lexa smiled politely and stuffed the sequential of her and Clarke at the carnival into the book, marking her spot. She'd begun using it as a bookmark almost as soon as they'd taken it. It was from their second...or maybe third date and worn out but still viewable. She liked to look at it sometimes and remember how big of an idiot she had been to try and tamp down her feelings.

Clarke grinned at the thoughtful expression on her girlfriend's face. She was used to Lexa going off on mental tangents in the middle of a conversation and waited patiently for her to come back so she could reply. When Lexa met her eyes with a sheepish smile, she leaned forward, "I was wondering if you wanted to go back to my place tonight?"

"With you?"

"No, with Raven," Clarke deadpanned, barely managing to mask her amusement. When Lexa frowned at her in confusion she dropped the façade, "Yes, with me silly." She leaned further across the table, nearly completely out of her chair to peck Lexa on the lips.

The brunette hummed as they pulled apart, allowing herself to relax fully. It was finally the weekend and she didn't have to worry about any tests or deadlines for projects until the next Tuesday. Now was her time to indulge in her girlfriend. Thank god.

She finally allowed her eyes to flutter open to find Clarke's baby blues staring at her curiously. "What?" she asked.

"Nothing," Clarke plastered that lopsided Griffin grin on her face, her eyes crinkled in the most adorable way when she did that. The one Lexa always insisted looked like her dad's but that Clarke had always disagreed with. Hers was most definitely not as mischievous as her father's had been.

"You sure?"

"Yes," Clarke nodded and rested her chin on her hand so she could stay close to Lexa, "Now do you want to come back to my dorm or what?" her voice had dropped to an insistent, husk that made Lexa's heart jump in her chest.

She sucked in a deep breath, knowing exactly where this was going and tried not to let herself get flustered. It had been nearly a week since they'd had enough free, alone time to spend together to do anything remotely sexual besides quick pecks and lingering touches. Most of their time together had been spent with friends or separate study groups across the library from each other.