And Your Eyes Are The Size Of The Moon (AU)

By: heartshapedcandy
Clarke hears the footsteps and shuts her eyes tighter. There is nothing subtle about their entrance, they rush up the stairs in a flurry and slam her bedroom door open. She feels someone make a flying leap onto the end of her bed, landing on her legs and laughing loudly. She just curls her feet closer to her body and buries her head further under the covers. The bed dips by her head and the comforter is roughly tugged back, she cracks open one eye to find Bellamy grinning down at her, reaching out a hand to tug at her hair.

"Wake up, Princess," he says, pinching at her cheek, "We are here to rescue you from your tower." He takes another look at her, curled under her blankets at seven o'clock at night, and gives an exaggerated sight, "Your sad, sad tower."

Clarke flinches away from his touch, the comforter slipping down further and revealing Octavia curled at her feet, tugging on her leg through the sheets.

"We have the perfect plan to shake you out of your slump," she says grinning as she crawls up the bed to settle at Clarke's side, stroking a thumb down Clarke's cheek sympathetically, "its genius."

"And it was, consequently, my idea," Raven says, Clarke turns her head to see her leaning in her doorway, quirking an eyebrow at her. Further observation of her room reveals Monty and Jasper in the corner ruffling through the papers on her desk.

"Sick doodles, Clarke," Jasper says, smirking as he holds up her English binder, a cluster of hearts drawn in the corner.

At the same time Monty holds up her green notebook, "Can I borrow your chem notes? These are really thorough...."

"What no—stop put that down," Clarke fully sits up, jostling Octavia off of her and shoving Bellamy off the side of her bed, "How the fuck did you guys even get in here?"

"Your mom let us in," Octavia says as she slips off the bed and moves to Raven in the doorway, throwing an arm around her shoulder and pressing a sloppy kiss to her cheek, "now onto Raven's genius plan..."

"Right," Bellamy says, ripping the comforter all the way back.

Clarke's eyes widen as she realizes what he is about to do, "no, no, NO," she protests but he is scooping her up, throwing her over his shoulder, and heading out the doorway.

Octavia pats Clarke's butt playfully and Jasper and Monty follow close behind, grinning and jostling each other, Monty with Clarke's green chem notebook clutched to his chest.

"I'm not letting you down till we get there," Bellamy says, overly pleased with himself as he hauls her away from her bed.

They are half way down the stairs when Clarke bangs on Bellamy's back with her fist, "I'm still wearing my pajamas, Bell."

He spins her, laughing, and collides with Octavia. "Let's fix that, Princess," he says taking the stairs back up two at a time, "We are gonna want you to look your best."

Lexa leans against the rough wooden counter and props her chin in her hands. She surveys the field spread out before her. 51 weeks of the year it is vacant, just tramped down yellow grass and the few stray cats that wander the lot. But for one week in the summer it comes alive. Barks of laughter and the pitch of hundreds of voices fill the air, slightly off key music is piped from nearly every booth, and the boom of announcers punctuate the noise, slightly louder than everything else. It is night now, but the dark is lit by spinning lights and the bright curve of luminescent tent roofs. The Ferris Wheel towers above everything, almost comforting despite its precarious height, surely something that beautiful will never fall.