Of Candles and Soap

By: CeSelle29
Living in Polis had been a whirlwind so far. After living on her own for three months most people would have thought the first thing Clarke would have done upon returning to civilization was seek out the comfort of a warm bath. To be honest, between being overwhelmed with emotion from an unexpected reunion and working to save her people, there hadn't been time for a proper bath. Was it embarrassing? Sure, but Clarke has had other more pressing issues to attend to for her people.

But now Clarke found herself alone with Lexa, in a moment of calm, sharing a meal together for one of the first times in Polis. Sitting across from Lexa, she was paused with her fork halfway to her mouth, watching Lexa as she ate. "Who the hell watches someone as they eat?" Truth be told, Clarke should have known by now, it's not about when or what she watches Lexa do, it's simply about observing her, and the beauty that she exudes. Constantly it seems. Ever-glowing Lexa, whether behind her war paint or bare-faced as she was now in front of her. She was still pondering this when Lexa's voice brought her back to the present.

"Clarke, I asked you a question. Are you feeling okay?" Lexa seemed genuinely concerned, as though she was ready to jump out of her seat to come to Clarke's aid.

Shaking her head slightly, "Sorry, I'm fine. I was just... thinking. What did you ask, Lexa?"

"Well, I had asked what your plans were for the evening, now that our council meetings are finished."

"Oh, fair enough. I suppose I could spend some time finishing up those sketches." Clarke thought of how she was still trying to capture all of Lexa's beauty and grace within the strokes of her pencils and charcoals. "I don't know that I can ever do her justice on paper."

"Oh, is that what you were planning?" Lexa raised an eyebrow inquisitively.

Clarke implied a bit more from Lexa's tone, "Why, were you thinking of posing for me again? Or would you rather be engaged in more... sordid activities this evening, Heda?"

This caused a guard in the corner of the dining room to choke, receiving a harsh glare from the Commander and causing a devilish grin to spread across Clarke's face. It really was fun to see how often and how well those guards were listening in on things.

"Actually Clarke, I had something entirely different in mind." Lexa pushed herself away from the table, and walked around it to take Clarke's hand.

Clarke agreed silently, nodding her head and placing her hand in Lexa's. Although as Lexa helped her to stand and move towards the door, she found herself looking around the room at the guards. Some of them seemed to be stifling giggles. "I know they're the source of the gossip in this damn tower all the time. I'm onto you!"

Lexa seemed to be dragging Clarke back to her room. Just over halfway there, Lexa stopped suddenly and pushed Clarke into the wall. Pressing a passionate kiss to her lips, Lexa took Clarke's breath away. Lexa's hands dropped from Clarke's cheeks down over her breasts, only teasing for a moment before finding her waist and pulling herself into Clarke tighter still. Their kiss deepened, taking the time to explore each other's mouths before Lexa pulled away, biting her lip.

Clarke rushed to find her breath, "Lexa, I thought you said you had something else in mind."

Lexa chuckled, almost maniacally. "I do, Clarke. As much as I love kissing you," She brought Clarke to her bedroom door, opening it wide. "I find myself believing I'd enjoy it more, if you weren't covered head to toe in grime."

Clarke stared, mouth gaping open at the sight in her room. She recognized a few of Lexa's handmaidens running around the room. A huge tub sat in the middle of the room, a fire was warming large quantities of water across the room. She looked at Lexa, "Are you kidding me? Are you trying to tell me I smell, because I find that rather insulting. You know it's been..."