Click (AU)

By: Sheisme
Lexa was on a mission. She was in a cleaning frenzy, having just finished dusting. She was in the midst of organizing the photo books on her coffee table while trying not to yell at Anya about all the crumbs she was getting all over her couch.

"Do you mind? Clarke's coming over."

Anya finally swallowed the fifteen chips she must have stuffed in her mouth.

"Yeah, in like two hours. Calm your boobies, Lex." Anya tossed the bag on the table and a few chips fell out onto the floor.

"I'm calm!" Lexa asserted as she grabbed the chips from off the floor.

"Jesus! What's with you? I've never seen you this nervous before a shoot."

"It's nothing. I just don't need her thinking I live like a slob."

"Hey, I'm not a slob," Anya replied rather defensively.

"Sure you're not."

Anya always had a way of trying Lexa's patience. Still, she knew she was overreacting to Anya's typical mess. But today was different. Today, Clarke was coming over and it was the last day of their photoshoot. As a photography student, Lexa's final project was going to be displayed at a local gallery exhibition, along with the work of other advanced students. Her professor gave them each a specific theme for their project and Lexa's just happened to be the human form. She was normally a nature photographer and loved relying on natural light in her photos. Her professor knew this and wanted to get her out of her comfort zone, having to work with indoor lighting and a subject she wasn't used to.

When she told Anya about the project and begged her to pose, she was met with a scoff and an eye roll, which Lexa was pretty much expecting. But then Anya came through with the name of someone who was willing to model for the small stipend Lexa could afford to pay. Clarke Griffin was a friend of Anya's friend, Raven. And she turned out to be the perfect model and muse. They spent the last week working together and Lexa couldn't get over how easy it was. She thought she would struggle with photographing a live model, but Clarke had a way of making it fun. Probably because she constantly had Lexa laughing. Plus, she was certainly easy on the eyes.

They had started out with Lexa just photographing her face. Then she asked Clarke to come back the next day to shoot some different poses under different lighting. Soon she was photographing Clarke in different outfits or shooting her close-up, just capturing her eyes or a strategically placed tattoo. Lexa found herself not wanting the sessions to end, but today had to be the last day because she had to start working on the photo touch-ups soon since her project was due next week.
"Should I go?" asked Anya. "You're all huffy and sweaty. It's really unattractive."

"If you leave, I might go crazy," Lexa admitted.

"What's got you so riled up? It's just Clarke. You've been working with her every day for the last five days."

"It's nothing."

She was lying. It was definitely something. After their photo session yesterday, Lexa had been feeling fearless and decided to ask Clarke if she would be willing to pose nude for their final session. She assured her that her face wouldn't be shown and she may not even use the photos, but she had become so familiar with Clarke's body, she knew she had to capture it on camera. Plus, she was quite curious to see what was underneath those form fitting clothes of hers. Not that she would ever admit that out loud. Lexa was a professional. And she most certainly was not developing a crush on Clarke. Nope. Not a professional like her. This was merely a photographer stepping out of her comfort zone to photograph a beautiful subject like Clarke.